Suspension

Ryan D

Hopefully I have put this in the right section. I am looking for sport suspension springs for my 1.4tdi non oss. I have looked on a few sites but they only come up with suspension which is the same as se suspension. If anyone can point me in the right direction for the springs it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure I have read on here that SE and Sport springs are the same i.e. no difference in height or thickness, and that the 10mm drop for Sport models is achieved by having thinner seats under the springs. I believe also that there was a change to all springs with the release of the FSI models in 2002, to soften the known harsh ride throughout the range.

Hi Ryan,
I have an 04 tdi 75 sport non sunroof and I wanted my suspension to be as factory so went for the following off Autodoc and got mate who is audi tech to fit.
Bilstein b4 shock absorber ref 22-196309 x2= £89
Sachs Coil springs ref 993 180 x2 = £44
Meyle Repair kit ref 100 412 2038/s x2 =£64 (Includes top mounts, bearings and all bolts etc.)
Car feels really planted again.
Cheers
jon

Thanks Jon that really helps, is that just for the back/front? Or does this include both. Cheers
Hi Ryan,
I have an 04 tdi 75 sport non sunroof and I wanted my suspension to be as factory so went for the following off Autodoc and got mate who is audi tech to fit.
Bilstein b4 shock absorber ref 22-196309 x2= £89
Sachs Coil springs ref 993 180 x2 = £44
Meyle Repair kit ref 100 412 2038/s x2 =£64 (Includes top mounts, bearings and all bolts etc.)
Car feels really planted again.
Cheers
jon

Hi Ryan,
No thats just the front.
I'm going to do the rears myself later in the year as they are easier to do on the drive yourself.
Basically £210 for the front and £80 cash for my mate to fit.

Ryan,
If you put the ref numbers in my email into autodoc site they should come up.
Cheers Jon

Interesting, where did you find this out Ian?
It mentions about non- S-Line FSI's getting softer springs in the A2 Wikipedia article. I can't remember where I saw that about the other models though, and maybe that source was extrapolating that they all got softer springs. But that wouldn't be unreasonable, what with replacement front springs being quoted as the same parts for FSI and all the diesels, which have similar engine weights. I have to concede that still doesn't account for the 1.4 petrol though.

See carlston thread

Back