Sydmeko armrest - where can I get one?

Hi Andy,

I'd send an email to Mats Harde, their Managing Director. He has sorted out other club members.

SYDMEKO INDUSTRI AB
Santessonsväg 3
232 91 Arlöv, Sweden
Phone: +46 (0)40 83640
Fax: +46 (0)40 89090
Mobil: +46 (0)70 7398438
E-mail: [email protected]

Cheers,

Tom

Tom - splendid, top man & many thanks.

I must admit they do look the business & like that they mount on the seat - after spending a couple of days with a courtesy car I'm lost without one!

Andy B

Hi .... This is all you need to know ..... You cannot purchase direct .. "Sydmeko" sent me to autosport.15 (Germany) Just type that into Google and you're in! You can then go to "comfort" armrests by selecting on the L.H.S.! I paid 149.90 Euro + 13 Euro shipping, in May. That was for a single armrest in grey leather with a suede base. It is of the highest quality and a superb addition! Just be sure to get the correct bracket for attachment to a U.K. drivers seat! ...that takes a little longer to order ..

David

Thanks David - armrest has been ordered. As you say they had no UK driver seat brackets in stock so delivery will take ~10 days. I paid the same price as yourself which came to £130 inc delivery.

Will try to take some photos and knock up a fitting guide. Looks pretty simple apart from the removal of the seat cloth cover.

Andy B

Yes, you start from the lower, rear of the seat and roll-up the seat fabric (or leather, in my case!) Then there is the foam cushioning to push up. Hey, it's not very easy, especially working out how to insert the bolts through the pre-drilled holes in the seat frame, but you'll get there! Just a small tip ..... I kept the seat material well out of the way by using two pieces wood as levers, and resting them against the steering wheel! From experience, it will take a bit longer to get that bracket ,,, it has to come from Sweden, to Germany and then to yourself! I know that you will be delighted with it!

David

Just got in touch with Burkhardt from Autosport.15. They actually have two models....The comfort is quite small and it gets attached to the driver seat. The other one (Kamei) looks much more easy to install and it sits between the two seats, so useful for both driver annd passenger. Is there anyone with the Kamei installed? They both cost 149 euro.

Andy

MA 14309.jpgF1030-35001RL A2.jpg

I understand what you are saying .... the true professional effect, however, is to have the arm-rest attached to the drivers seat .... it the moves with the seat and is always in the correct position. Also, it can be easily lifted for access and the hand-brake is easy to apply. Now there is one further advantage .... my Partner doesn't like it in position when she is driving! .... so no problem! .... just pivot it upwards, out of the way! You can't do that with the Kamei ! As I have said, that "Sydmeko", "comfort" model is absolute Megga quality!

David

I see...good points....My obsession with symmetry will inevitably lead me to get two, one for each seat ;)
Andy

I also looked at the Kamei but felt the mounting could well foul the rear seats when they are folded forward which for me is pretty much 100% of the time to accommodate the hound.

Remember the comforts that fit on both seats don't have the storage box.

Andy B

Armrests on both front seats? ..... They are thin and puny! They are twice the work! The single armrest sits almost perfectly between the seats and is generous and comfy .... it's your call .....

David

Armrest has arrived and yes it is quality piece of kit. You even get a small stanley knife to cut the foam and upholstery. Just need it to warm up so I can dither around for 3 hours fitting it!

Andy B

armrest2.jpg

Ho hum... I see what you mean!! :eek: Took me 15 mins fiddling about in the cold to realise I hadn't a clue how to remove the seat cover so decided to retire to the warm and spend the 3 hours web cruising looking for instructions instead.

I've got cloth covers without the luggage net and all I could find was one thread on the German forum and one pdf that implies brute force is the way to release the clips on the back cover, which then allows the side cover to be pulled aside. Not entirely sure this is the way to go so it'd be good if anyone has removed and replaced such covers.

Cheers,

Andy B

Well I had a day off today to change the battery and as that went well & I was on a roll I decided to have a go at the armrest. And it only took me an 1.5 hrs!

Removing the bolster cover did prove to be relatively simple - when you know how. First move the seat forward so you can work from the rear foot well and unclip the cloth bib from the bar underneath the seat. This allows access to the bottom of the bolster cover, only about an inch length, which can be pulled down and out of its clip - it does feel as if you've broken it but you haven't. You can then tease the cloth out from around the plastic cover on the side of the seat which helps in the next step.

The rear cover has a u shaped plastic clip stitched to it's length and the bolster cover has has a plastic strip stitched to its length which has been pulled over and back into the clip. These two need to be separated but I'm afraid I couldn't really describe how I did it... apart from it doesn't take brute strength. Once they are separated the bolster cover can be moved aside along with the foam to expose the seat frame.

The instructions for the armrest are pretty good but as has been mentioned access for the nuts to start them on the bolts can be a little trying. I used a tip gleaned from the German forum and for two of the them used double sided tape wrapped around the finger and then stuck the nut to that - worked a treat. And for the really inaccessible one I set the nut into a ring spanner with, again some tape on the back side to hold things together.

The rest was just a little material cutting and reassembly.

And have you noticed how much more relaxed you driving is when you have an armrest?

Andy B

Yes I have! .... and the extra storage is a big plus ..... takes my wallet, among other things ..... Did you get a good colour match?

David

David,

I'm still waiting to see photo's of your armrest!

Andy B.....If you can attach some photo's to show what type you've bought that would be great

Cheers

Jeff

Yes, they're the ones! Mine has a light grey leather top (very close to the (platinum?) leather seats, whilst the underside is light-grey suede! Superb quality and a great addition to the car! You won't be disappointed!

David

David,

I fell upon this company over a year ago and have been debating getting one ever since.
How exactly is the suede base done? Does the suede continue into the storage compartment and, if not, how are its edges kept tidy?
For all that I know which product you're using, I'd still be interested in seeing a few photos of the installed, finished article.

Jeff,

I still haven't made enquiries about whether this can be added to the side of Sport seats. The gap between the Sport seat bolsters is wide enough for this to work without rubbing against the seats, but only if the armrest is dead central. I'm not yet sure whether Sydmeko make an alternative bracket for our seats. To my knowledge, this armrest has now been fitted by 3 different members, but all of them have standard SE seats.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Back