Tailgate Solenoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
The linkage disconnected itself for the third time last week. Have re-connected it and booked in for the dealer to look at and order replacement parts on Wednesday - lets see how they get on!

Anyone any ideas for fixing this if Audi can't?

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

is this a wire that is pulling apart at the socket (excuse my lack of technical knowledge!)?

if so, there must be a shortage of give in the wire and shutting the hatch just keeps pulling it apart-ok I'm telling you how to suck eggs here!

but where is the excess wire? where can it be pulled from? mmmmmmmm....

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

No, it is a wire rod (about 3mm dia with about 10mm bent through 90deg at one end). The solenoid pulls/pushes the rod to actuate the lock.

Keeps falling out of the plastic part the bent bit is supposed to clip into - after three re-fits (1 by Audi and 2 by me) they can change the damn thing so it doesn't keep coming out!

Tolerences not tight enough to keep it on. Hopefully a one off!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Diagnosis by Sutton Audi (now part of Listers) was new lock - part on order, booked in 2/2.

Ian

Car went in today - reminder card arrived Friday telling me what I needed to take with me.

Loaner was a maroon 1.4TDI SE A2.

Lock parts changed but could not find the rear seat rattle - must be deaf, all you have to do is move the seat.

On the way home noticed that the display was telling me the boot was open, stopped and closed it.

A few minutes later same message - boot open warning. Stopped, shut boot, tried to lift it and it started to open!! Shut it again, lifted it and same thing happened, this time opened it fully just to have the interior boot trim land at my feet! Called the dealer to express my displeasure (was not going back 5 miles in the rush hour) and told them I want it fixing, if the trim is damaged I want a new one. They were very apologetic - will see what they are like on Thursday.

Looked a bit closer when I got home - one fixing is broken off the trim (new trim required) and a couple of the slots the trim fixes to are bent (part of tailgate structure) so the discussion will be interesting when I go back in. Will also give me a chance to show them the rattle - one the demonstrator did not have!

Best bit - in the car is a reply slip which says "10/10 Nothing else will do." asing how I rate them and adressed to the General Manager - bet he doesn't see them.

Ian

Ian

Progress report

Tailgate trim replaced, seat rattle much better and catch ordered to improve further. Going back in next week.

Ian

Further progress report.

Seat catch replaced under warranty - rattle gone!

Have not been beaten up over 1.6FSI - YET!

Service indicator now saying 1600 (car done aound 12k) so when she realises that the service is due the pressure will come on th change it - we have not had her car serviced since March 01 - not the same car all the time.

Ian

Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield silver ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back