Tandem Pump Leaking

TAABVW

A2OC Donor
I have leaking Luk tandem pumps in two TDI90's. I decided to replace the pump in one of them with a new Bosch unit and attempt to reseal / repair the pump in the other. Looking on Ebay there would appear to be two "versions" of reseal kits available that both claim to fit. One has red seals, seems to be exclusively from China and is about £20, the other has green seals and is about £40. Does anyone know if there is any difference between using red seals or green? Maybe one is Viton and the other not? Does anyone have any reliability reports resealing a tandem pump with either colour, good or bad?

Thanks

There's no link between elastomer colour and type. You can get seal/repair kits from Darwen Diesels, 18D2050 for Luk, 18D2040 for Bosch. About £15 each. Mine arrived the following day.

RAB

I rebuilt my LuK pump on my TDI90 with an eBay kit with the green seals (RAB made the Darwen Diesels recommendation too but I'd already ordered the eBay kit). Has been fine since. It was part of this thread :

All the best,
Matt

Thanks for that RAB. I have sent Darwen Diesels a message as I can't buy online.

Thanks Matt, gives me some confidence I am not wasting my time.

Trevor

The only option, I think, is to purchase over the phone.

RAB

bit off topic - is there any easy identification to which pump you have? i figure i might as well get mine done as it is on 150k with what seems to be original pump - might help with my poor fuel consumption if it does leak a little.

bit off topic - is there any easy identification to which pump you have? i figure i might as well get mine done as it is on 150k with what seems to be original pump - might help with my poor fuel consumption if it does leak a little.

Both my pumps are Luk as stamped on the black cover on the outer face of the pump. Or did you mean which version of 038145209 (A-Q)?

Back