TDi 75 Hand break cable removal

Ami

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Is there a procedure/pictures on how to remove the hand break cable from the lever inside the car/outside, also am I correct
to say the Audi part number for tdi 75 2002 is 8Z0 711 951 C
Thanks guys

Thankyou @audifan for always coming to help, will follow the manual this weekend,
I will try & remove the cable before ordering a new one.
Thanks again,

Hi Ami,
This is my 2001 AMF Handbrake GuideTube, I got mine from TPS.
Don’t forget to attach a length of cable to the hand brake end to use as a means of pulling the new cable through from outside .
Hope that helps
Keith
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ami
Hi Ami,
This is my 2001 AMF Handbrake GuideTube, I got mine from TPS.
Don’t forget to attach a length of cable to the hand brake end to use as a means of pulling the new cable through from outside .
Hope that helps
Keith
View attachment 80037View attachment 80038
Thanks Keith:
Thats my broken, cable, I have already by mistake bought the near side cable, am I right in saying that there are 3 sections, the one in the picture that is broken, the near side cable & the off side cable ?
Thanks again
Regards,
Ami

The one in @kp 115 picture is the centre piece that connects to the handbrake lever inside the car. There are two other pieces that run to the brake drums which are available as separate parts. I would recommend getting the correct part though as I had a real nightmare getting cables that fit properly.

Thanks Keith:
Thats my broken, cable, I have already by mistake bought the near side cable, am I right in saying that there are 3 sections, the one in the picture that is broken, the near side cable & the off side cable ?
Thanks again
Regards,
Ami
Yes I got those from AUTODOC
Last year Made by ATE
I can get those part no: Tomorrow evening if needed.
Cheers
Keith

Yes I got those from AUTODOC
Last year Made by ATE
I can get those part no: Tomorrow evening if needed.
Cheers
Keith
Hi Keith:
Thanks again, No thats fine, I got the near side one from CPA in Henfield, I will call TPS to get the one you kindly sent the picture off in the morning & while I am doing this, I may as well change all 3.
Thanks again & have a good evening.
Regards,
Ami

The one in @kp 115 picture is the centre piece that connects to the handbrake lever inside the car. There are two other pieces that run to the brake drums which are available as separate parts. I would recommend getting the correct part though as I had a real nightmare getting cables that fit properly.
Thanks very much Tom, will do.
Regards,
Ami

Back