Tdi 75 sight hesitation in 2nd...

Vanders

Not sure if this is me being overly worried about my little baby but I seem to have a very slight misfire/hesitation only in 2nd gear and only when I pull away for the first time in the morning, rest of the day it’s fine... have changed stat and sensor a while back. Just wondering what could be the possible causes of this??

This could be a lot of things
Dirty fuel filter
Air in the fuel most likely accompanied by a bit of cranking before it starts from cold
Failing injector loom
Clogged up injector
A scan would be the first place to start
Then fuel filter if that has not been changed in a wile
Injector loom - you could try remitting the connectors on the injectors as this has been known to work

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the small pressure pipes to and from the turbo and control valves
Boost pipes for leaks splits
Intercooler for leaks

Could be anything really Paul,

If you have the ability to scan it then that’s worth doing as a first step, otherwise if it’s only manifesting the one time from a cold start the only other thing I’d try is running some fuel cleaning additive through it, or some tanks of Shell V-Power, or as I do already on my Touran (and will when Merlin returns to being my daily driver), running the Millers diesel fuel additive - any of which will give your fuel system a nice spring clean just in case it’s related to that.

Otherwise I wouldn’t worry about it too much but would just monitor to see if it gets worse.

EDIT - I see Paul replied along broadly similar lines (fuel system) while I was typing.

I only use v power and have been running some 2 stroke oil through it too along with the odd fortes cleaner, will check pipes and scan ??

The loom is the lost likely bet then. Then seldom comes up on a scan
Like I said earlier you can try remitting the loom to injector connections. They have a hard life immersed in hot oil. The loom is about £70 from memory if you wanted to replace it

Or just live with it and see if it develops

Paul

I had an intermittant abs/tc fault and then one day it started misfiring and barely running TDI75. I removed the loom, and with a bit of a faff tightened all 6 connectors and refitted.
Touchwood the abs/tc pressure sensor fault has yet to reappear nor injector one. Have covered around 2k since!

No cost repair other than a £1 superglue to hold the plastic wiring plugs together as a precaution but bit of a mission!

Back