TDI exhaust flexi?

Howey

England
Howdy folks

When it comes to the exhaust flexi do folk prefer the weld in one or the clamp jobbie?

New exhaust seems unavailible and second hand a touch pricey!

Many thanks

Howey

HI.
When mine went on my tdi i took it to my local stainless exhaust centre. They checked out complete system first before welding in a high quality stainless flexi joint. Think the cost was roughly £100.
Good luck
Steve

Hi Steve

Cheers for that, sure would be the best longlife option suppose it will vary price wise on location

Yes I did use longlife exhausts Caerphilly, (my nearest branch) Excellent service. But i think it would also depend on how good the rest of your exhaust is.
Good luck

I migged by own in some 3 years ago, flexi was £25 from Ebay, a quality bit of kit. its sold with clamps, but thats jusst not my way of doing things, took a bit of trimming with a angle grinder to get it to fit correctly. You also need a 50mm joiner as you need to cut the pipe just after the Cat, and the joiner is there to err 'join' the parts back together. I cut out about 1" of pipe. I also reversed the hanger for the exhaust as even after trimming the flexi the pipe was still a little further rearword that it was originally

Owl job took about 3 hours from memory
been spot on since

Cheers,
Paul

Back