TDI90 - rattle noise, is there trouble ahead?

Mbzpar

Have an 04 TDI90, lovely car. Over the past week I have noticed an annoying rattle appear on the car; particularly when accelerating through the lower gears before the noise disappearing once the car is upto speed. The noise sounds like a vibrational noise (rattle in central dashboard area and a metallic rattle coming from a similar area when I depress the accelerator pedal).

Looked for any obvious issues in the engine and cabin but none found. Car drives perfect still and I am not getting any untoward sensations coming from the pedals.

I wanted to ask the TDI90 folks could these noises be the start of DMF or clutch issues? Any comments greatly appreciated. Paul

It could be engine mounts.

When my DMF was going i could feel clutch pedal vibrate a fair bit if i'd rest my foot on it and it would rattle quite bad when engine braking (could feel clutch pedal vibrating quite a bit as well) It does sound like DMF though mine had different symptoms.

With new clutch there is a sligh wobble in the pedal but not something I'd notice if i wasn't really looking for it.

Back