Thanks for the add

jp.oog

Hi guys and girls,
I'm James. I've owned A2s for 13 years now and the tdi (OU51) for 12 of those. The mpi (DJZ) is a newbie at just 6 months ownership. She's only 16 years old.
Both cars have leather seats but the tdi also has RNSe and various TT additions. Modding the tdi has stopped (lol) as the mpi needs to be brought up to the same level.

20210412_172544.jpg
20210412_172530.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, James.

You possess two very well cared-for A2s. You must have some interior shots to share. :)

Cheers,

Tom

Welcome James,

Great to see your fastidious attention to detail and very personal cars grace these pages. I very much look forward to having a catch up over a social in due course.

All the best,

Darren

That concrete lamp-post is worryingly close to the back of the NI reg car. If this is a regular parking spot, I'd get it foam wrapped sharpish!!

Also, as much as I love to see a shiny car, it also makes me think you have far too much time on your hands! Great looking pair though and OU51 reminds me of my first A2, OU51 UGV, which I hope is still going strong.

That concrete lamp-post is worryingly close to the back of the NI reg car. If this is a regular parking spot, I'd get it foam wrapped sharpish!!

Also, as much as I love to see a shiny car, it also makes me think you have far too much time on your hands! Great looking pair though and OU51 reminds me of my first A2, OU51 UGV, which I hope is still going strong.
I have become an expert at parking there Mike. The tarmac is even dipped for the rear wheel. I've never hit the lamp post in 20 years. I use my senses not sensors.

I have become an expert at parking there Mike. The tarmac is even dipped for the rear wheel. I've never hit the lamp post in 20 years. I use my senses not sensors.
Sensors wouldn't get you that close, not VW-group ones anyway. I think even my Tesla would only be accurate to an inch.

Its about 2 inches from the lamp post. There is a shoulder on the lamp post that aligns with one of the heated rear window elements in the rear view mirror.

Welcome James, having met you on Saturday and seen OU51 I can certainly vouch for it's beauty and slendid detailing.
I am sure your vast knowledge will be a great asset to this forum.
Mandy

Last edited:
Welcome James, having met you on Saturday and seen OU51 I can certainly vouch for it's beauty and slendid detailing.
I am sure your vast knowledge will be a great asset to this forum.
Mamdy
Hello again Mandy, thanks for your kind words. Is the restored climate fitted yet? Taking DJZ in tomorrow. Will be parked in the usual place.
James

Back