The end of UK car modifications?

Little Dog

A2OC Donor
European-Union
This is doing the rounds on other classic car web pages. This is common legislation in other countries, Germany and France for example, but I never thought we would see it in the UK.

251114064_4784126544938967_8114756278437486950_n.jpg

I think the legislation is to prevent people removing items that are designed to reduce emissions. I.e all cats, dpf’s, adblue etc etc

I very much doubt people are going to be pulled up for fitting a set of aftermarket alloys.

I think the legislation is to prevent people removing items that are designed to reduce emissions. I.e all cats, dpf’s, adblue etc etc

I very much doubt people are going to be pulled up for fitting a set of aftermarket alloys.
I would hope not but the last time I looked at a new car brochure all options came with a kg per km add-on to the standard cars emissions.
If this is a replica of legislation in EU countries then it could well prevent fitment of aftermarket alloys, engine remaps etc.

As ever, it will be down to the quality of the legislation passed, it’s wording and scope.

Any new legislation on matters I care about fills me with absolute dread as the unintended consequences of said legislation given how terribly it usually seems to be drafted causes more hassle than the upsides behind the original thought.

Baby and bath water tends to come to mind!!

Back