The ever widening net of the ULEZ .

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
With the increasing use of ULEZs and the inability of the A2 diesel to meet the requirements, I was rather expecting more TDis to be offered for sale. Sadly this does not seem to be the case. I really miss mine and regret selling it and would like another 75. Or

Last edited:
If you want a long range car...you need to keep these Tdis as you can't get them any more!
Its getting like the Mad Max films with hunting fuel...
Craziness with the E5 and E10 petrol situation maybe adds to the fact that D is 'safe'....

Got an AMF tdi with extended MZN gearbox for sale....... Nobody wants it because it doesn't meet the requirements anymore! Wouldn't surprise me if they're getting scrapped.
Still happy with my ATL 90, which meets te requirements (just....).

There are none for sale here in Ireland anymore. Literally. None! We don't have ULEZs really. To import a TDI from UK would cost over 2k in import tax though as the taxation is linked to the NOX emissions. Harrumph.

Got an AMF tdi with extended MZN gearbox for sale....... Nobody wants it because it doesn't meet the requirements anymore! Wouldn't surprise me if they're getting scrapped.
Still happy with my ATL 90, which meets te requirements (just....).

Tdi 90 meets requirements? Thought it was euro 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tdi 90 meets requirements? Thought it was euro 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, Tdi 90 is EU4. Only EU4 petrols qualify.

RAB
Is the tdi 90 and tdi 75 different euro number ...?
Early Tdis are EU3, later (BHC and ATL) are EU4. Early ANYs meet the EU4 emission values but are certified as EU3. Not sure about later ANYs but they are identical!

RAB

I think that's the point that Ed's making ... the requirements are Euro6 for diesel in this country, what are they in the Netherlands?

Cities in Netherlands can have different rules amongst each other..... In general it's diesel cars as of building year 2005 and on, and at least Euro 4 classified can have acces to city centre.
That's why I say "just meeting requirements", because the rules will be stricter in the future, they won't slacken them for sure.... (although Rotterdam dropped the requirements for cars and only has requirements for trucks if I'm correct (?).

Last edited:
Cities in Netherlands can have different rules amongst each other..... In general it's diesel cars as of building year 2005 and on, and at least Euro 4 classified.
That's why I say "just meeting requirements", because the rules will be stricter in the future, they won't slacken them for sure....
In France, it's just decided by year. If you have a pre-2005 car which is EU4, you won't get the rating that the car merits. In Germany, it's decided on emissions, so a EU3 car which is EU4 compliant gets a green (EU4) sticker. In the UK, an EU3 car is an EU3 car whether it meets the EU4 emission standard or not but if you used it in a zone that required EU4, you probably wouldn't get fined.

RAB

If UK is only having euro 6 as a requirement to enter city zone, I'm afraid all hope is lost for the A2 diesel gems (and anything else with a euro5 and less qualification), unless you're not have to go to cities.
It's sad, but what has to be done must be done I guess...

Well I for one do not go into cities .?..apart from the odd hospital appointment and with Bristol they’re talking a dispensation allowing you to go into the city for this ..? long may the diesel A2 go on ...park and ride in is the sensible option to enter these cities ..

Last edited:
Same here. In the last few years I've only had to drive into a city once, luckily it was a couple of miles outside of the Birmingham charging zone. Living at the end of the Metropolitan line, that's the obvious choice for London. Oxford isn't an emissions zone as yet, but the Park & Ride there works really well for £6-something all day for two adults. If you did drive in you'd pay more than that to park, if you could actually find anywhere - it's really not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
When the banning rules where introduced for diesels I bought myself a folding bike, an Ori M9, a brand called Mezzo first, engineerd and developed in UK.
Indeed, park and ride the A2.....and on my little circus bike into the city; quicker then public transport.

IMG_20211201_141849.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Menno
I’ve just bought sally a tern electric fully automatic gear change bike for xmas It won’t go in the a2 but I have thought of towbar and bike rack it’s maybe the way to go if we need to get into the city’s park up and ride in .? ..
7D168891-D9A4-42C9-8FF7-C913CBF963FB.jpeg

Last edited:
In my early years of A2 ownership, I bought an aluminium, Dahon folding bike from a German engineering academic at Loughborough University. He knew all about the A2, and was so pleased that my aluminium car now contained an aluminium bike!

My faith in the bike continued until one day I picked it up to move it in our cellar, and the diecast aluminium handlebar stem failed big time: the handlebar came away from the bike in my hand!

New Dahon handlebar stem bought and fitted: bike sold ?

Back