The future of my parts service

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
Morning all
It is with regret that I’m having to inform you that I will hanging up my gloves on A2 breaking.

For the last 6 months at least, the supply of viable cars for breaking has been dwindling dramatically. I have now been searching for a breaker for 2 months solid with no luck. Unfortunately, I am reliant on the income from the business and so I will have to look to other ventures going forward.

I’ve really enjoyed providing this service to you all for so many years and have met many great people and helped them achieve their desired spec for their A2’s.

The A2 is still my car of choice and my little 90 is still going to be my daily driver, so I won’t be leaving the club. I’ve also built up a vast knowledge of A2 part removal which I’ll always share as much as I can to help those who need it.
So, for now at least, once the last items have sold via my current thread
https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/a2steve%E2%80%99s-part-supply.41500/ there will be no more.

I hope that there will be others who can continue to supply parts to the club with the same ethos of value to members.

Best wishes
Steve

Really sorry to hear this steve but I fully understand if you can’t get A2 breakers there is no where to go with the venture
Cheers and thanks for all the parts
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently working on a old T-5R, the parts for these considering how many 850's there were are almost impossible to find, for instance front wings, looks like you have to buy a non runner to strip yourself!
This place is superb in its help and keeping cars on the road. How long will it be before our cars are no longer dailys and end up occasionally used? I'm still doing 1600miles a month in mine.

Hi Steve,
I am also sorry to hear this, without your help over this past year I don't think I would have been able to get the parts I needed to get my A2 back on the road properly. In my experience your service has been second to none, excellent value and you have been extremely helpful along the way.
Thanks again for all the bits and pieces and of course the advice over this past while.
John

Last edited:
Very sorry Steve it’s really unfortunate but totally understandable ..you will be greatly missed ..from every member on here ..the peace of mind of having somebody like you on any forum is invaluable ...for the knowledge and parts ..Paul

Really sorry to hear this steve but I fully understand if you can’t get A2 breakers there is no where to go with the venture
Cheers and thanks for all the parts
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, unfortunately that's the way it's gone. I'm now going to try my hand at MGF parts supply and see how it goes.

Having just broken up my old FSI I now properly understand the work involved in supplying parts to the club at a cheap price as Steve has been doing. thanks Steve for all your efforts. cheers Nod.

Its definitely a young mans game, especially in these temperatures. I was a young man when I started doing it a few years ago, i'm an old man now :)

Totally understandable decision, but nonetheless sad to see the end of this venture Steve. It's been of huge benefit to club members, myself included, and I know that along the way you've saved the cars that were saveable, that came into your hands. Thank you for all the time that you've spent removing, packing and posting bits that I've bought off you. A friend of mine has an MGF, I'll point him at your FB profile if he needs anything ?

My instant response above is purely a selfish one. I understand your reasoning and echo other comments above. I was biding my time until you got a diesel in so I could have the front end as previously discussed with you. Now I might have to take some advice from you on how to dispose of a car that is missing its front end. Not the kind of help I was hoping to seek. I'm also of an age where working outside in the winter has gone from undesirable to "emergecgy only".

I'm quite late to the A2 party and haven't got to meet you Steve, but I can see the service you have provided. Congratulations on a job well done.

Thinking of buying an MGF now!

Trevor

I can’t really add much to the plaudits of others Steve, the comments are so well articulated already. Your integrity to focus on unsalvageable examples which have assisted in the preservation and enhancement of our memberships A2s has been a credit to you. The hours you sacrificed from your family and the expediency in which you worked, late into the cold evenings, to provide parts for those in need, all attest to your good character. I’m certain the profit margins will have barely covered the labour alone, nor the logistics to parcel and ship.

Our supply chain loss is Sam and your beautiful 3 daughters gain, as hopefully your next venture supports greater and richly deserved family time. Gratitude from me for your help over the years and broader from the administration for the service to the membership. Thanks and regards and good luck with your next venture.

Back