Today I (Steve B's return)

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Today (and for the last couple of years or so) I have had no A2 (after many very happy years of owning many A2s) but that changes on Monday!!!

I thought I had “kicked the A2 habit” but I was wrong. So the time was right and I asked around and I have just bought A2Steve’s ex project Silver TDI 75.

After owning lots of “non-A2s” in between I have yet to find a car that is so good “all round”. Sensible to own, fun to drive, interesting and yet performs well against every measure.
So I am back.

I won’t be posting to the extent I used to, but I will try to be a good member.
Feels great to be back amongst friends and fellow A2 owners.

Steve B

Last edited:
Today (and for the last couple of years or so) I have had no A2 (after many very happy years of owning many A2s) but that changes on Monday!!!

I thought I had “kicked the A2 habit” but I was wrong. So the tone was right and so I I asked around and I have just bought A2Steve’s ex project Silver TDI 75.

After owning lots of “non-A2s” in between I have yet to find a car that is so good “all round”. Sensible to own, fun to drive, interesting and yet performs well against every measure.
So I am back.

Steve B

Evening Steve,

Nice to have you back Sir!

Kind regards,

Tom

I thought I had “kicked the A2 habit” but I was wrong. So the tone was right and so I I asked around and I have just bought A2Steve’s ex project Silver TDI 75.

So I am back.

Steve B

Welcome back sir. Your return is a definite boost to the community.

Last edited:
Great to see you back Steve, you 'stepped back' not long after I joined so I mainly only know you from your extensive history on here. It'll be great to see your input in the current threads in the forum again. Hope to meet you at a social or two also, once we're all let out to play again.

So I am back.

Steve B

Steve is in da house!!! Made a slightly morose person very happy this evening.

Welcome back Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I am back.

Steve B

Hi Steve,
Would be great to have you back!

Welcome back Steve, as with Ian, you parted company not so long after I joined. Your reputation is still intact. Hope to meet up at a social.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hope you don't mind, I edited the thread title so as not to confuse it with the long-running Today I ... general discussion thread. Your return is definitely worthy of its own thread Steve ?
Thank you for that !
Steve B

Welcome back Steve, you might be slightly bemused to learn that FSI's are no longer derided as much, not to imply you ever did.

Andy

Last edited:

So I am back.

Steve B

Great to see you back Steve look forward to seeing you again for a catch up

Wonderful to have you back Steve! Has the i3 gone?

PS. Need to update your signature which says "No A2" and looking for your white A2 - shame that wasn't available but I'm sure you will soon have the mode itch before too long ;)

As above, Nice to see you back again Mr. Steve B. ?

Looking forward to reading your cheerful & helpful posts as always.

Regards,

Looking forward to the socials too
This is great to hear! As you know, I'd hoped that you would have been able to attend our (cancelled) North Wales get-together, even without an A2 of your own! So now you'll have the "full package"! Great to have you back here, and contributing with your huge input AND humour :)

David

Back