Tools

Hi Guys

I need advice on putting together of selection of tools, i have the basic ratchet set, thats it, thinking while were off, id get a set of tools together, emphasis on those tools that you only use once in blue moon, but, need it to get the job done. So im just asking what i should purchase to keep in my tool box.

Your help is very appreciated

D

torx and spline male bits.
brake drum shoes springs removal tool.
trim removal tool.
torque wrench.
trolley jack and axle stands.
led lamp.
mechanical fingers to retrieve the dropped parts.
penetrating oil.
multi meter.
selection of replacement bolts and fasteners.
VCDS.
service manual.
parts catalogue.

torx and spline male bits.
brake drum shoes springs removal tool.
trim removal tool.
torque wrench.
trolley jack and axle stands.
led lamp.
mechanical fingers to retrieve the dropped parts.
penetrating oil.
multi meter.
selection of replacement bolts and fasteners.
VCDS.
service manual.
parts catalogue.

Bloody Jesus! (lol) Ive got trim removal, as i wrap cars, multimeter (aint got a clue on electrics, but willing to learn) vcds, will it run on a macbook pro?, the rest i can order from ECP.

Thanks for the help
Timing belt locking kit and dependant upon model possibly a tensioning tool

Gather i can get this from ECP, or GSF?

Funny how nobody has mentioned a decent spanner or screwdriver set. These would be considered essential normally for car work.

I believe in investing in decent quality tools (basically avoid Chinese or Indian made ones) - my favourites are made by Wera - their Joker spanners and screwdrivers are amazing; as are their allen keys, torque wrenches and socket sets.

Hammers and mallets, the heavy ones will do fine................ ? .

Maybe it's a good thing just to go to a toolshop and have a look around for the basic stuff first.
I mean, if you've only got a ratchet set...... then you first want to invest in screwdrivers and spanners, you know "basic". The rest will come later as you develop your skils........ or not if you used the swearbox enough! ?

I have to say, I've heard that the Halfords Adanced 150 or 200 piece tool sets are amazing value considering they have the same lifetime warranty that Snap-on et al have - and especially when they have a sale on like they do now!

Link

If I was just starting out and I wanted to buy new then without a doubt this is where my money would be spent.

I have to say, I've heard that the Halfords Adanced 150 or 200 piece tool sets are amazing value considering they have the same lifetime warranty that Snap-on et al have - and especially when they have a sale on like they do now!

Link

If I was just starting out and I wanted to buy new then without a doubt this is where my money would be spent.
Agree. I have a Halfords set, years old now, but easy to see if you're missing any tools when finished.
Current discounts are ok but keep an eye out for the 50% discounts when they have them.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Agree. I have a Halfords set, years old now, but easy to see if you're missing any tools when finished.
Current discounts are ok but keep an eye out for the 50% discounts when they have them.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Paying out £260 is a bit steep, so, i will take your advice, and keep an eye out, also the ex is a Ward manager for NHS, she gets discount.

Ordered Breaker bar (US PRO 24inch)
Brake caliper piston Tool
Magnetic pick up, and a grabber Tool
3 Ton Jack
240pc Assorted M3-M6 Bolts

Multimeter, Led lamp, etc etc, ill get from Facebay

Best place to get an Audi A2 workshop manual?

Back