Touch up Pen - Colour LZ9W

gangitano85

A2OC Donor
Belgium
Good morning,

I looked at my rear bumper yesterday and I cannot longer stand the peeled off paint. I am therefore seeking advice as to whether there are good touch up pens out there to at least improve the appearance and if anyone has had some experience with them :)

Probably easier to answer having seen what you are trying to fix though I've had a touch up bottle(nail varnish type brush included) from below which worked fine for my stone chips. Do you have your colour code, the one listed doesn't look correct.

Colour code might be 4Z? At least that's what mentioned on the Coc. I will upload a photo of the 'damage'.

Colour code is listed in the battery compartment and inside the service booklet. Codes listed here..

Sorry for the reflection of my bare feet in slippers in the last picture :)

Attachments

• bumper detail 3.jpg
    bumper detail 3.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 119
  • bumper detail 2.jpg
    bumper detail 2.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 126
  • bumper detail 1.jpg
    bumper detail 1.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 117
  • bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 129
Looks like the bumper has been repainted though the marks in question will certainly be improved with a touch up.

How much worse can you make it?

Would you rather look at a slightly lumpy repair and think ‘not too bad’ or a gouge that already annoys you?

I’ve used the touch up pens and they were okay. Apply thinly and try to build it up slowly in layers is what I’ve found to give a slightly better result. Not perfect though.

Chips away and automotive touch up services can actually be pretty good value if you’ve got a few of these and want a higher standard of repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back