Track Day Questions

kujiwara

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to take my 1.6FSI to a Silverstone track day. I was wondering how well the A2's oil system can cope with the corners, I've taken a 2.0TFSI Eos around some fast corners before and the oil pressure light would flash (even though it's topped off), I don't want to starve the engine of oil on the A2 since it's also a FSI engine.

I just got brand new Avon ZV7 tires all around and EBC Greenstuff pads. The front sway bar needs replacing so I'm thinking about a Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bar kit while I'm at it. Will get some higher temp brake fluid and full service right before the track day as well. The factory shocks and dampers seems fine for now although it's pretty soft compared to everything else on the road.

And would also like to learn the general driving experience of an A2 on the track if anyone else have driven it (hard) on one before, would love to hear about your A2 track stories.

Jerry

Never tracked my A2, but have been around tracks for the last 20 odd years... I've got a whiteline rear bar and blue line coilovers. As with any fwd car the stiffer you make the front the more likely it is to understeer. Personally I find the rear bar with the std front quite a good balance. Mine is a TDi so may well have different feedback from the settings. It's also as low as the kit - sorry speedbumps - will allow ( well, my missus actually ?)

With the demise of the ADC event at Castle Combe a couple of years ago, unfortunately I don't think there will be much recent track experience in roadgoing trim. Even ADC only really offered a parade lap (and at quite some cost) although being a mixed Audi field including the likes of R8's, for an A2 it would have been at least 'warm'. @ajsellors might have some experience to share, although I believe his is a 1.4 petrol.

Never tracked my A2, but have been around tracks for the last 20 odd years... I've got a whiteline rear bar and blue line coilovers. As with any fwd car the stiffer you make the front the more likely it is to understeer. Personally I find the rear bar with the std front quite a good balance. Mine is a TDi so may well have different feedback from the settings. It's also as low as the kit - sorry speedbumps - will allow ( well, my missus actually ?)

I'm pretty torn honestly because the handling balance is pretty good right now, so I don't want to just do one bar, it's just a lot of roll. And for black friday the full whiteline is 280gbp instead of 370, and it's also 90 cheaper than piecing the kit together if I buy one at a time. Also don't have a place to work on it so my friend's garage quoted me another 280gbp to fit.

Wonder if there are any FSI owners who only fitted the front anti roll bars out there since that's the one that's rusted on mine right now.

Rear ARB makes a very nice difference... but then I'm also on B8s and Eibachs. There are a few who have brought their A2s up here regularly but it's a different planet on ice vs tarmac :D

We have seen at least one rear brakeline failure during icetrack time, I would inspect them carefully before starting.

- Bret

Rear ARB makes a very nice difference... but then I'm also on B8s and Eibachs. There are a few who have brought their A2s up here regularly but it's a different planet on ice vs tarmac :D

We have seen at least one rear brakeline failure during icetrack time, I would inspect them carefully before starting.

- Bret
Will do. On a side note, do you know how little braking the rear brakes do on these cars? I've been driving this car for about 1500miles now, car brakes much better with the new EBC pads up front now. I didn't replace the rears because the pads are pretty meaty but I noticed some surface rust on the rear brake rotors are still haven't been worn down yet. I think these aluminum callipers don't typically seize up so easily either, and this is for both sides of the rear brakes.

estimates vary but 10% is bandied around occasionally, along with sometimes leaving the handbrake on lightly to skim the disks...

- Bret

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to take my 1.6FSI to a Silverstone track day. I was wondering how well the A2's oil system can cope with the corners, I've taken a 2.0TFSI Eos around some fast corners before and the oil pressure light would flash (even though it's topped off), I don't want to starve the engine of oil on the A2 since it's also a FSI engine.

I just got brand new Avon ZV7 tires all around and EBC Greenstuff pads. The front sway bar needs replacing so I'm thinking about a Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bar kit while I'm at it. Will get some higher temp brake fluid and full service right before the track day as well. The factory shocks and dampers seems fine for now although it's pretty soft compared to everything else on the road.

And would also like to learn the general driving experience of an A2 on the track if anyone else have driven it (hard) on one before, would love to hear about your A2 track stories.

Jerry

I was testing my new pilot sport 4s tyres and I got an oil pressure warning when it was a little low. When it’s full I don’t think this is an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back