Trickle charging - where to connect

Hi all - due to lockdown I’m not using the car for weeks on end - I have a ctek trickle charger - does anyone know if there are any access points to charge it without going through the bonnet. In previous cars I have used cigarette lighter adapter or have used charging points in the boot etc

any help hugely appreciated

Hi all - due to lockdown I’m not using the car for weeks on end - I have a ctek trickle charger - does anyone know if there are any access points to charge it without going through the bonnet. In previous cars I have used cigarette lighter adapter or have used charging points in the boot etc

Isnt the battery in the boot ?

Gi

I always connect my charger directly to the battery underneath the floor of the boot. If you have to leave the A2 outdoors with a lead from the house, go in through one of the back windows and use either a towel or a strip of sealing tape to cover the gap.

Gi
I always connect my charger directly to the battery underneath the floor of the boot. If you have to leave the A2 outdoors with a lead from the house, go in through one of the back windows and use either a towel or a strip of sealing tape to cover the gap.
Thanks mate appreciate it

You can connect it directly to the battery and just close the boot with cable in it. There are seals in the boot so cable will be safe when boot is closed.

I took the battery out and charged it in the garage (as the car doesn't fit in there, and the weather isn't great for having electric cables lyring outside). Once fully charged, I put it back into the car. All in all an easy job, a few minutes of work.

The Ctek chargers come with a small connection loop. Allows you to connect the loop permanently to the battery and have the plug poking out ready to connect. I have done as Vic above. Put the cable in the bottom corner and don't slam the hatch shut. Works fine.

You can connect it directly to the battery and just close the boot with cable in it. There are seals in the boot so cable will be safe when boot is closed.
This is what I have always done too.

I firstly fold up the false floor shelf and take it out, then open the bottom boot floor flap and then put the shelf back in to hold it in the upright position.

I then put the battery charger on the false floor shelf, connect it to the battery and turn it on so that it is charging and close the tailgate with the lead running in one of the lower corners which allows it to fully close and be locked. If the lead is in the lower centre area of the tailgate it will not fully close.

You can then see when the battery is fully charged and the green light is illuminated without having to unlock or open the tailgate again?

The Ctek chargers come with a small connection loop. Allows you to connect the loop permanently to the battery and have the plug poking out ready to connect. I have done as Vic above. Put the cable in the bottom corner and don't slam the hatch shut. Works fine.
This is how I connected it:

I have a cable connected to the battery. It's a mains flexible cable, probably 5 amp so not too thick. The cable ends in a socket (actually a European 2 pin socket) and when not in use I coil it up in the top of the boot or sometimes alongside the spare wheel.

When needed it comes out of the boot in the corner (there seems enough space there) and then by the side of the up and over garage door to the charger - the crocodile clips were replaced by a 2 pin plug.

The charger is on its low setting (about 1 amp) and to avoid overcharging my new battery, I have the charger on a timer to switch on 2 x 1 hour each day.

I have hard wired in a lead direct from the battery that exits through the floor of the battery compartment to above the false floor. The ctek charger connects directly to this lead. When not in use it is tucked neatly away in the corner.

Back