Trim and intercooler damage

SR55

Hi All
Hope everyone’s having a nice weekend.
White-van-man decided to back into my A2 and his back foot steps went through the front grill and dented the intercooler.
I have a question ... does anyone know what the L-shaped piece of plastic is? Is it a support or fixing to the grill of something else.

Could be that it’s not L-shaped and the damage has made it this way.

many thanks in advance
S
B1A1CAFB-F1E0-49E7-8BA3-15F359AC614D.jpeg

It’s a support for the bumper. There are 4 running along the bumper. It will survive fine without it. Do you need a centre grille? I have a few here.

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah could be looking for a replacement ... it’s looking like it will go thru insurance but if u have one at a good price then def consider it.
Current one is matt black/grey with a rough texture ... are they all like that?

Do not go through the insurance as it'll probably be written off. Even very minor damage and lock down insurance companies are just writing off making THEIR life easier.

The front grille form me will be £12.50 plus postage, so as said above I wouldn’t claim off the insurance as it will likely result in a write-off. Perhaps ask the other side to pay for the repairs.

I would be more concerned about a leaking inter cooler. I would remove the front bumper and have a really good look and check the rest of the area including the bumper.

I would be more concerned about a leaking inter cooler. I would remove the front bumper and have a really good look and check the rest of the area including the bumper.

Yes, a couple of the fins have had a tap and the air diverter looks to have a split in it.

Hello,
Sorry to hear of your intercooler woes.
You can have my old one if you like.
There's nothing wrong with it.
It's the time it takes to fit them that may make you choose to buy a new one.
Just let me know what you think. ??

All the best

Andy

I've just remembered it's in Huddersfield at my parents house.
Let me know anyway they are due a visit.
??
IMG_20200104_093713.jpg
IMG_20200104_093719.jpg
IMG_20200104_093704.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back