Trip Computer

Mr A2

Well Hello,

Quick question...

I have a trip computer on my a2.

Gives you the MPG, Milage left in the tank .... etc

what it also gives is an average MPG, and a an average speed. I bought the car and the average MPG was like 25, and the average speed is 27

I was told that this average was based on your last trip. This doesnt seem to be the case as its not changed for a while?... is there a way to reset this?...

I'm really not sure what the averages (or what ever they are) is all about... that funny circle symbol. o/

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Well Hello,

Quick question...

I have a trip computer on my a2.

Gives you the MPG, Milage left in the tank .... etc

what it also gives is an average MPG, and a an average speed. I bought the car and the average MPG was like 25, and the average speed is 27

I was told that this average was based on your last trip. This doesnt seem to be the case as its not changed for a while?... is there a way to reset this?...

I'm really not sure what the averages (or what ever they are) is all about... that funny circle symbol. o/

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

IIRC yes all the values can be reset in the same way. (hold button down?)

Personally I used to reset the average MPG on each fuel tank refil.

which button do you hold to reset the computer?... to button you select through the trip computer with, or the milage or time reset button?... ive had a play but can't seem to get it to work.

Cheers,

MrA2

which button do you hold to reset the computer?... to button you select through the trip computer with, or the milage or time reset button?... ive had a play but can't seem to get it to work.

Cheers,

MrA2

it's been a while since I've used DIS, but I thought the reset button was on the bottom of the right hand stalk

The averages you are seeing are since the DIS was last re-set. So it gives you a global average, rather than just your last trip.

I think there should be a button on the underside of the stalk to re-set.

yes, it's on the bottom side of the stalk (so, under).
I think the previous owner hasn't reset it for a long long time, so how fast you drive and how heavy is you right foot have very little weight in the averages calculations.

Guys, question: i want to reset with this button,
But when i press and hold it, nothing happens, only screen goes black (everything dissapear). When i press and hold again screen appears. But values are still same. Any advice? Am i doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Guys, question: i want to reset with this button,
But when i press and hold it, norhing happens, only screen goes black (everything dissapear). When i press and hold again screen again appears. But values are still same. Any advice? Am i doint something wrong?

A short press turns the screen on and off. A long press resets whichever value is currently displayed on the DIS screen.
Note that some values (such as instantaneous mpg and fuel range) cannot be reset. You need to be displaying the value that you wish to reset on the screen before a long press on the button.

Cheers,

Tom

hello

25 miles per/g no way even im driving like a maniac 1gear max 2nd max 3rd max and it does show 45-47ml/g
Normal driving like grandpa 65-67ml/g

Back