TT Mini Comps - a good compromise?

Korova

I'm looking at replacing the frankly battered SE 16" alloys that my A2 has been wearing since new.

I have been looking at 17 inchers but I'm not 100% about the sacrifice I would be making with ride quality. I'm probably not alone in realising that since owning an A2, the state of Britain's roads (particularly the part of Devon where I live) is diabolical, so I'm not sure if 17" is the way to go...

I like the look of the 17" TT comps but worry that if I take the plunge there, my dentist will make a fortune putting my fillings back in.

Now, I've only just realised that 16" comps are also available- has anyone fitted these to their A2? ...and if so, anyone have any pics?

Would love to see how they look so I can get an idea...

Cheers...

Would not recommend 17" for sure - lost two of my hub caps the other day cause i caught a pot hole. bloody terrible. Still need to have a proper look they're not a bagel now!

Will definitely be changing to 16" myself mostly due to the pothole terror...

Yes, the roads where I live are pretty terrible too and the A2's ride can be quite unforgiving at times- if I hit a particularly bad one, the ABS sensor goes mental...

Thanks for the advice- I think I'll stick with 16 inchers- I'll put out a message on the wanted thread and see whats about...

I wrote some more info here: https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/today-i.28729/page-265#post-354723
More pics here: https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/today-i.28729/page-262#post-352743

There are at least 3 sets of these on Ebay at the moment; search for "Audi TT speedline 16".

Hey, many thanks for all of the above info- it's very helpful, especially the details on tyre dimensions.

Are combinations with 205/50/16's easy to find? I've been trawling eBay and haven't seen any. I've seen a lot of 205/55/R17's but these are apparently not suitable according to the wheel and tyre guide on this site.

Unless you find a set on offer from a fellow A2-enthusiast, it's very unlikely any set on offer will come with 205/50/16s. These wheels were standard on a TT, which had 205/55/16, so basically almost all sets will have that tyre size fitted.

I just bought a set of 4 tyres in the right size, and had them put on. The only thing then is you'll have to get rid of the 205/55s.(If those tyres are still half decent, that should be pretty easy, as 205/55/16 is one of the most common tyre sizes)

Ah, I see. That makes things a lot clearer now. In that case I should probably look for 16" rims without tyres, but could probably do some kind of exchange if the set that I bought came with 205/55's. That's good to know, nice one.

THis is mine on TT Comps. They are 17" and i've been running them 3 years and its a bit hard, but i'm on SE suspension so its not too bad. The biggest difference between the two versions is one is diamond cut and polished finish, the other painted.
1568202441434.png

Back