Under car heat/weather shields diagram?

JTG510

United-Kingdom
His all. I'm looking for a diagram of all the heat/wind shield corrugated alloy parts that should be under the car. Over the years, I've lost several, one most recently after a garage did some work not he handbrake :mad:, and I'd like to look into the feasibility of replacements/making some of my own. Does anyone have any diagrams or thoughts that may help with this?

Cheers,
Josh

If you still have them they can be repaired. Rivet on new aluminium and the cool side can be repaired with glass fiber (obvious fire risk on hot side). Repaired a set recently for a MK2 Golf.
Other than that you are probably stuck with making them. I have some in the attic (not for sale) I could measure them if those are the ones you have missing. Have you tried A2Steve and Clackers for used ones?

1676369607002.jpeg

Sorry to post a picture of someones bad luck. This picture has been modified to show where to correctly jack and axle stand the car. The red areas must never be used to jack or support the car. The undertray can be seen at the front although dislodged from the right side of the car. The two panels rear most of the red coloured areas are the heat shields and the heat shields around the exhaust system can also be seen..

I have some that I could measure. I do have the feeling that the parts are different for the petrol/diesel.

Using https://www.ilcats.ru/audi/?functio...&group=8&subgroup=804&part=804010&language=en my research indicates:

The heat shield (insulation) appears to be:

# Part No Description Diesel? Have?
1 8Z0804165 heat insulation front
2 8Z0825217 tunnel trim F >> 8Z-3-018 607 center diesel eng. Yes Yes
(3) 8Z0804172 heat insulation rear center PR-0M3
3 8Z0804172A heat insulation rear center PR-0M2
(3) 8Z0804172B heat insulation rear center PR-0M1 some say this is the 42L tank (mine)
4 8Z0804160 heat insulation F >> 8Z-1-056 260 left rear
4 8Z0804160A heat insulation left rear ??? Yes
11 8Z0804840A trim F >> 8Z-2-021 310 right rear
11 8Z0804840B trim F >> 8Z-3-014 487 right rear
(11) 8Z0804840C trim right rear
12 8Z0804167 heat insulation for floor center
13 8Z0804839 trim left rear ANY

I have items 2 and 4. I also have
8Z0-825-216 Right Rear This is not listed above - another Audi model?

I found identifying the parts and what I need for a diesel 1.4 TDi 75 BHC engine rather confusing!

I bought the above from A2Cars when they closed.

Attachments

• 8Z0-804-160-A Left Rear.JPG
    8Z0-804-160-A Left Rear.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
  • 8Z0-825-217 Tunnel Trim.JPG
    8Z0-825-217 Tunnel Trim.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 75
  • 8Z0-825-216 Right Rear.JPG
    8Z0-825-216 Right Rear.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 70
Reactions: bix
Hi

Have a look at this diagram

A bit difficult to see what is what compared to real life. There are a number of threads on this forum where underbody photos have been uploaded so a search may pick some of these up for you

J
This is very helpful, thanks! Just what I was looking for. I’ve looks at photos but it’s hard to tell where one piece start and another stops, and also where the fixings are.

View attachment 104605

Sorry to post a picture of someones bad luck. This picture has been modified to show where to correctly jack and axle stand the car. The red areas must never be used to jack or support the car. The undertray can be seen at the front although dislodged from the right side of the car. The two panels rear most of the red coloured areas are the heat shields and the heat shields around the exhaust system can also be seen..
Thanks, that’s helpful. Looks like this car is missing the larger rear shield?

I have some that I could measure. I do have the feeling that the parts are different for the petrol/diesel.

Using https://www.ilcats.ru/audi/?functio...&group=8&subgroup=804&part=804010&language=en my research indicates:

The heat shield (insulation) appears to be:

# Part No Description Diesel? Have?
1 8Z0804165 heat insulation front
2 8Z0825217 tunnel trim F >> 8Z-3-018 607 center diesel eng. Yes Yes
(3) 8Z0804172 heat insulation rear center PR-0M3
3 8Z0804172A heat insulation rear center PR-0M2
(3) 8Z0804172B heat insulation rear center PR-0M1 some say this is the 42L tank (mine)
4 8Z0804160 heat insulation F >> 8Z-1-056 260 left rear
4 8Z0804160A heat insulation left rear ??? Yes
11 8Z0804840A trim F >> 8Z-2-021 310 right rear
11 8Z0804840B trim F >> 8Z-3-014 487 right rear
(11) 8Z0804840C trim right rear
12 8Z0804167 heat insulation for floor center
13 8Z0804839 trim left rear ANY

I have items 2 and 4. I also have
8Z0-825-216 Right Rear This is not listed above - another Audi model?

I found identifying the parts and what I need for a diesel 1.4 TDi 75 BHC engine rather confusing!

I bought the above from A2Cars when they closed.
Sounds like you’ve had a similar experience to me. Very confusing! I’ve lost at least 2 shields if not more to garages over the last few years. I’m looking to get the bottom of the car nice and slippy again. Was thinking of installing aero mods, but as some of these are scarce it doesn’t make sense not to renew the standard heat shields first.

If you still have them they can be repaired. Rivet on new aluminium and the cool side can be repaired with glass fiber (obvious fire risk on hot side). Repaired a set recently for a MK2 Golf.
Other than that you are probably stuck with making them. I have some in the attic (not for sale) I could measure them if those are the ones you have missing. Have you tried A2Steve and Clackers for used ones?
Thanks Phil. I’m unsure how exactly many I’ve lost. Looking to figure that out. I think the one I have left is in decent condition, but I’ll probably test its fittings to make sure. Breakers does seem to be the way forward once I figure out what I need.

Thanks Phil. I’m unsure how exactly many I’ve lost. Looking to figure that out. I think the one I have left is in decent condition, but I’ll probably test its fittings to make sure. Breakers does seem to be the way forward once I figure out what I need.
The reason why you have lost them is due the galvanic corrosion between the aluminium shield and steel nuts. You will most likely have lost a stud or two also. I’ve lost some studs into plastic so I’m looking at stainless self tappers to replace them. Screw them in grind the head off.
When I fit my new shields I will put rubber washers between the nut and the shield. Did this throughout when my car was new. The shields I have lost had the washers removed when the car was serviced / worked on at Audi. The shields they left alone are still good.

I did fix mine and made a thread here:

I did fix mine and made a thread here:
Thanks Alan, suspect that will be useful

View attachment 104605

This is very useful. I was under my car today, and couldn't see anywhere straight away for an axle stand so dropped it back onto it's wheel after giving the suspension bolts a blast of Plusgas in preparation for removal.

@Phil_B

From the above picture the yellow arrows show where to jack the car and the blue arrows where it is safe to place axle stands.

So the axle stands are under the rear beam and on the front lower wishbone rears.

Back