unknown plug under front left bumper

Evening,

Welcome to the Club. What you show in the YouTube clip looks to be the External / Ambient Temperature Sensor.

It should be located at the base and just in front of the radiator.

Have a look at this thread as it shows how it should be installed:

Hope this helps out.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks a lot for response. Have a problem with thermostat temperature, arrow on a panel was showing 0 even if a car was heated after 30km ride, i removed old thermostat and changed it to new one, changed coolant aswell. Now temperature arrow rises to max 75 celcius and with no reason going down to 0 and back slowly to 75 when a car is running. May this cable be responsible for it? but it was unpluged too before i changed thermostat to new one.

Your issue sounds like the coolant temperature sender is on its way out. This provides the reading to the temp. gauge in the instrument cluster. However it also contains a second sensor providing a separate reading to the ECU! You can't see what it's telling the ECU, but if it's wrong it could cause over- or under-fuelling and poor running. If you replace it, use only the OEM part! Other makes are not the best for reliability.

Thank you, if I replaced the coolant temperature sensor, would the temperature data on the panel be correct? if i can't see what the second sensor is telling to the ECU. where is the second sensor is located?

Your issue sounds like the coolant temperature sender is on its way out. This provides the reading to the temp. gauge in the instrument cluster. However it also contains a second sensor providing a separate reading to the ECU! You can't see what it's telling the ECU, but if it's wrong it could cause over- or under-fuelling and poor running. If you replace it, use only the OEM part! Other makes are not the best for reliability.
Temperature sender and sensor is the same thing ? Or different parts? Sorry for my english

Don't worry about your English, it's way better than my Lithuanian :)

The coolant temperature sender/sensor unit is the same thing, yes. It's one component, containing two separate sensors. The wires to the plug that connects to it come from different places in the car.

I will try to replace the temperature sensor and flush the entire cooling system with liqui moly 3320, I read that the temperature indicator can also jump due to a clogged cooling system. And I will let everyone know if I managed to solve the problem !

And make sure when you refill the coolant that you ONLY use the correct G12, G12+, G12++ or G13 coolant. Use premixed coolant so you know it is at the correct strength if you need to top up at a later date.

And make sure when you refill the coolant that you ONLY use the correct G12, G12+, G12++ or G13 coolant. Use premixed coolant so you know it is at the correct strength if you need to top up at a later date.
Can somebody show wheris located coolant drain plug??😕

The coolant temperature sender/sensor unit is the same thing, yes. It's one component, containing two separate sensors. The wires to the plug that connects to it come from different places in the ca

The coolant temperature sender/sensor unit is the same thing, yes. It's one component, containing two separate sensors. The wires to the plug that connects to it come from different places in the car.
I replaced the first temperature sensor, which is located under the hood, but I can't find where to buy the second one that you mentioned, I don't even know what is the name of it to search on the internet, the second one is located at the very bottom of the car. in the hose that goes into the radiator. Or maybe it is the same sensor just in two different spots?

On the tdi there is only a single temp sensor - although it has dual circuits. You find this sensor on the right side of the engine to the lower rear of the tandem pump. Make sure the old o ring is removed before fitting a new OEM quality sensor with its new o ring. Tying string onto the clip will save hours trying to find it if dropped...

The sensor in the lower radiator hose is not fitted to the diesel cars.

On the tdi there is only a single temp sensor - although it has dual circuits. You find this sensor on the right side of the engine to the lower rear of the tandem pump. Make sure the old o ring is removed before fitting a new OEM quality sensor with its new o ring. Tying string onto the clip will save hours trying to find it if dropped...

The sensor in the lower radiator hose is not fitted to the diesel cars.
But i was detaching temperature sensor on the lower radiator hose to drain the coolant and it was here 🤔

Back