Upgrading Springs and Shocks

steaman

A2OC Donor
I have ordered Koni FSD and ST Lowering Springs (Rebranded Weitec). While waiting on the delivery, are there any other parts that I should order/replace at the same time?

I bought them at dcperformance.co.uk and they replied:
"The Wietec springs have now been rebranded as ST Suspension. We have also reduced the price of these. They are the same springs, just now yellow rather than Green and branded as ST rather than Wietec".

And the Weitec website also states they are being rebranded as ST Suspension. Although they still show them as green, with the KW suspension showing yellow springs, so might be worth a re check on what springs your receiving

http://www.weitec-suspension.co.uk

Last edited:
Can anyone please explain to me the different coloured dots on the springs ?. I have 3 blue and one green on my fronts.
Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
I have ordered Koni FSD and ST Lowering Springs (Rebranded Weitec). While waiting on the delivery, are there any other parts that I should order/replace at the same time?

The parts you possibly will need are listed in the "timmus" thread called "the definitive suspension parts list". Its shown on the home page. Ive just been to a main dealer and been quoted £221 for them all.
Ta
Dave

Last edited:
Can anyone please explain to me the different coloured dots on the springs ?. I have 3 blue and one green my fronts.
Ta
Dave
Hi Dave. The dots are the springs coding to the "weight" of the spring. Audi fitted differing "weight" springs to differing models IE light for low spec/light cars (no aircon no leather no open sky) then heavier spec springs to higher spec/heavier cars. The colours then allow replacement of a broken spring with the correct "weight". Cheers Mike

I think I will buy all parts needed to build the complete front strut assembly before jacking up the A2.

Today I got the car back after a suspension total makeover. What a difference, it's like magic. I might even give my 17" Boleros a second trial.
They replaced "everything" with original parts except for Koni FSDs and ST Lowering Springs (Rebranded Weitec). :eek:

Next step is a Brake makeover.

Just some feedback on the new suspension. It is ten days since the car transformed from a Go-kart to a decently Comfortable small car. It is so good that I even mounted my Bolero 17" wheels with Vredestein Ultrac Cento 205/45 ZR17 and I think I will keep them.
I am pleased with the suspension, highly recommended.
rsz_20150825_193652.jpgrsz_20150825_194617.jpgrsz_img_1090.jpg

Thanks for the pictures steaman. It's given me a good idea of where the ride height will be using ST springs but not koni shocks.

Note Weitec had diffferent spring rates for 1.4 petrol and heavier 1.4 TDI and 1.6 FSI cars.The ST replacements are listed as fit for all but probably stiffer for the lighter 1.4 petrols.

After 6 years, I have now replaced my Koni shock absorbers and ST springs. The shock absorbers were rusty and one of the springs was deformed.
I repladed them with Monroe OESpectrum "Premium" shocks and H&R lowering sport springs.
First impression is possitive.

Attachments

• 20211127_164853.jpg
    20211127_164853.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 166
  • 20211127_163551.jpg
    20211127_163551.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 166
  • 20211212_152039.jpg
    20211212_152039.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
Back