Valuation

Edwrai

This is just an idea at the moment but with the arrival of the second child and more requirements to have 5 or 6 people in one car. I am thinking of changing one of my a2’s to a boring people carrier like thing.

So I think this would replace my diesel TDi 90 in cherry red. Which is in good condition with a bit of clear cost peeling on the front end but would most likely sort this first as nothing major.

The interesting thing about this car however is that is has a few mods etc

It has the MYP 6 speed gearbox, a turbo dynamics uprated turbo, new brakes all round, new cast suspension arms, new rear shocks, cruise, hard touch climate, unmarked concert radio, and is currently on pepperpots but could be on sports wheels.

It has had a new clutch new DMFwhile the gearbox was done it also has the guides and chain done. Along with loads of other bits and bobs which were down while the engine was out.

It’s on 191k and runs excellently and is always run on shell v power.

Platinum cloth interior.

Currently 125bhp on a stealth remap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just an idea at the moment but with the arrival of the second child and more requirements to have 5 or 6 people in one car. I am thinking of changing one of my a2’s to a boring people carrier like thing.

So I think this would replace my diesel TDi 90 in cherry red. Which is in good condition with a bit of clear cost peeling on the front end but would most likely sort this first as nothing major.

It has the MYP 6 speed gearbox, a turbo dynamics uprated turbo, new brakes all round, new cast suspension arms, new rear shocks, cruise, hard touch climate, unmarked concert radio, and is currently on pepperpots but could be on sports wheels.

It has had a new clutch new DMFwhile the gearbox was done it also has the guides and chain done. Along with loads of other bits and bobs which were down while the engine was out.

Platinum cloth interior.

Sounds like a lovely car

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

P.M. sent

David

Thanks David but I’m more looking for honest help with a market valuation as it’s hard to work out what it’s really worth. And I know I won’t get anywhere near the money that has gone into making it top notch in the last 2 years but would like to know where the market is.

It's a tough one Edward. The masses will see it as an old car with 191k regardless of what work you have had done to it.

Your market should definitely be within enthusiast circles. I sold my cherry red tdi 90 here last year. It had 160k 1, owner plus me, fsh mainly Audi and had new suspension, DMF, oil pump chain, timing belt kit and service. I sold it for £1600 which now in hindsight was too cheap for the car it was. I think with the laquer sorted you are looking around the 2k mark. The only thing stopping it from being a high 2, early 3 car is that mileage.

I mean no offence with this valuation, but its how I see the market at the moment.

It's a tough one Edward. The masses will see it as an old car with 191k regardless of what work you have had done to it.

Your market should definitely be within enthusiast circles. I sold my cherry red tdi 90 here last year. It had 160k 1, owner plus me, fsh mainly Audi and had new suspension, DMF, oil pump chain, timing belt kit and service. I sold it for £1600 which now in hindsight was too cheap for the car it was. I think with the laquer sorted you are looking around the 2k mark. The only thing stopping it from being a high 2, early 3 car is that mileage.

I mean no offence with this valuation, but its how I see the market at the moment.

Yes with all the work I think £2500 would be where I would be looking.

Platinum cloth interior.

That sounds like it could be a great buy for me

Platinum cloth interior.

Ultimately it’ll be ‘worth’ a shed load more to someone who actually understands what they’re getting.

Much like the one I’ve just bought (spec I loved and would cost considerably more than what I paid to build but 189k miles on the clock) if it’s sold on here and someone was contemplating spending the £3-£4K to build what you’ve done then my idea of price would be £2.5- 3k all day long just as I paid for mine.

Had it been available at the time I was buying what I did it would have been a tough choice!!!!

That’s very true only 12 miles from me nice specked car with leather ..I think £2k is right but it’s so subjective .It only takes one buyer after all good luck .

I bought the car for £2k at 140k 3 years ago. And then did all the work, that would allow it to do another 200k, I wouldn’t let it go for £2k. I may have to keep it :)

Attachments

• 553FD525-3AE4-458A-8165-CBBF89016DD5.jpeg
    553FD525-3AE4-458A-8165-CBBF89016DD5.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 144
I bought the car for £2k at 140k 3 years ago. And then did all the work, that would allow it to do another 200k, I wouldn’t let it go for £2k. I may have to keep it :)

I’m certainly not saying it’s not worth it as you say you have Future proofed her ..i have my sensible head on ..but I hope you do get £2500 I really do nice car ..and people in the know will see it ..?

Back