Fixed: Vent removal / replacement?

q292u

United-Kingdom
The driver's side upper air vent (not centre) is damaged and I have a second hand replacement. (Which I'll also have to fix before fitting).
HOW do I remove the vent?
I found a YouTube video for a different Audi, but that appears to have different fixings.

The driver's side upper air vent (not centre) is damaged and I have a second hand replacement. (Which I'll also have to fix before fitting).
HOW do I remove the vent?
I found a YouTube video for a different Audi, but that appears to have different fixings.
Good Afternoon,

Brute force.

Have a look through this ....

Andy

All sorted. I removed the slats from the spare vent and installed them in the existing vent.
No point wasting time trying to swap the old vent out as the "new' one had a broken vertical slat.
You don't need to bend the horizontal slats, or pliers, just use a "pick" tool.
See photo, the set cost £3 from eBay.
The whole job took less than an hour (it's a bit fiddly).
I warmed up the replacement vent parts as I was concerned they might be brittle if cold..

The photos show (1) the "spare" vent, with the broken vertical slat, (2) the "pick tool", and (3) the "new" slats in place.
I forgot to take a photo to show the original vent with the missing horizontal slats, and slider.

Many thanks to everyone here for their advice and help in pointing me in the right direction. (Esp @Andrew)

Next up: replacing the broken cup holder..

Attachments

• 1000003246-01.jpeg
    1000003246-01.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 21
  • 1000003247-01.jpeg
    1000003247-01.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 1000003248-01.jpeg
    1000003248-01.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back