very proud of my new machine Audi A2

Mikadoohan

hello to everyone
i have been looking for a while to get an Audi A2 Tdi,yesterday i finally bought it :)
october 2002 ,Tdi 75 hp ,silver ,with 15" rims and sunroof
i want to do some improvements such as bigger rims,3 arms steering wheel and new gear knob ...just to start ;)
need help in making the electric sunroof working fine and silent again...right now its so hard to close it that i prefer not to open it :(
any scheme on how the parts is connected and work together ?

thank you anyway

Hello and welcome to the club....member Kleynie is the foremost authority ref OSS and will hopefully offer advice.

Hi welcome to the A2OC. Get in touch with @Kleynie he offers a full refurbishment for the sunroof he uses good quality parts and at a good price :)

Thanks all for the recommendations. If it's just the closing it's struggling with, it might be OK in terms of functionality, and could well need only some grease. However, no matter how good your roof may be, the fact still stands that if they are not looked after, the roofs are extremely unreliable. So, in order to keep it moving, throw a generous amount of grease in it and open regularly to keep it in motion.

Thanks all for the recommendations. If it's just the closing it's struggling with, it might be OK in terms of functionality, and could well need only some grease. However, no matter how good your roof may be, the fact still stands that if they are not looked after, the roofs are extremely unreliable. So, in order to keep it moving, throw a generous amount of grease in it and open regularly to keep it in motion.
thank you ,really ! prompt answers here are a fact !! :eek:
when i bought it yesterday the previews owner told me that he rarely opened it but lately when it opens,to close it its a really pain in the a**
one side start to not move and we have to help it with hands to close it equally ...right now im a bit afraid to open it ,to grease and lube and make it stuck permanently :(

believe me ,i will post pictures soon ! just let me clean it properly for a photo session ...
?

thank you ,really ! prompt answers here are a fact !! :eek:
when i bought it yesterday the previews owner told me that he rarely opened it but lately when it opens,to close it its a really pain in the a**
one side start to not move and we have to help it with hands to close it equally ...right now im a bit afraid to open it ,to grease and lube and make it stuck permanently :(
Before applying any new lubricant, the old one has to be removed and all rails/ tracks cleaned throughout. Might be worth trying...

believe me ,i will post pictures soon ! just let me clean it properly for a photo session ...
Welcome Mikadoohan. That looks a very nice example. Hard to think it is 16.5 years old.

You need to get the open sky (sun roof) fixed as the strain when it is hard to open can remove all the teeth on the gears!! Why not have a holiday trip to the UK and get Kleynie to fix it.

Welcome Mikadoohan. That looks a very nice example. Hard to think it is 16.5 years old.

You need to get the open sky (sun roof) fixed as the strain when it is hard to open can remove all the teeth on the gears!! Why not have a holiday trip to the UK and get Kleynie to fix it.
Thank you Alan ,for your advise but..,
Going to UK ?? driving ... not my ideal holidays ? although it would much easier if Kleynie come to Portugal ?? in holidays and meanwhile he was able to meet some Portuguese specimens of A2 ?

Back