Wanted area

Tommyboy

A2OC Donor
Hi,

How long do I have to be a member before I can post in the wanted area?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome.

Your question is covered in the marketplace rules; however in summary you must have 3 months minimum membership, some posting history ( we don't stipulate how many posts to try and avoid people increasing their count by clocking up spam posts to reach the number required). You must also provide your name, address and contact telephone number on your user profile to access the marketplace.

This may seem overly prescriptive, however the details supplied are only available to club admins and in accordance with data protection laws are used for no other reason than protection of club members in the event that there was a fraudulent transaction carried out through the forum. In this event, we would supply these personal details to the authorities.

If anyone had concerns about this, take a look at my user profile. I have uploaded my marketplace details in the 'about me' section - but unless you are a forum moderator you won't be able to see anything in these fields.

The club was investigated a couple of years ago after a car with the mileage altered was sold through the forum and this was a worrying time for the club admins in respect of potential liability. Any fines or litigation would effectively close a non-profit forum like A2OC as we don't have contingency funds for this.

As we are going through a consultation of ways to meet club costs for the future, some suggestions for the way forward include a mandatory paypal donation for marketplace access. If this model was supported it would simplify things a bit for any forum trading as we would have 3rd party access to the appropriate data through the paypal system.

Sorry this doesn't help you - however the rules are agreed by the club admin team and will apply to all for the club and members protection. Therefore any reference to items for sale or wanted, including links to eBay adverts which are posted on forums outside the marketplace will be removed.

Hi,

Thanks for the very thorough response and sorry for not reading the marketplace rules more thoroughly (thought they'd only apply to me when I could post).

I shall endeavor to be a more active contributor and up my status! :cool:

Back