Warning Light ABS? Brakes? Unsure

safbeafbe

Hi everyone,

It happens pretty much every drive now, where the beep shouts at me and this comes up:
IMG_0649.jpeg

My most likely guess is a faulty ABS sensor? Although I'm really not sure. Could anyone identify this?

Thanks much,
-Saff

A couple of basic checks you can do before you have the car scanned.

Check the level of the fluid in the brake reservoir and top up with fresh DOT 4 if needed.

Check the front brake pads for excessive wear could be break wear or could be a fault in the brake wear wiring.

Check brake lights but fit a switch anyway as they always fail in my experience and if your stuck having to pay for a scan the £12 for a switch is worth a punt!

It's a bit of a sod to do for sure, but I've now done it twice on my yellow one out in the field (the most recent time, literally!) when it's failed on socials, and once more at home on the other A2. I'm planning to do it again later this week on the yellow one to return its current switch to its owner, from whom it was gratefully borrowed. The worst bit for me is not being able to see clearly enough when getting the end off/back on the heater duct and it not being obvious by feel how the fastening works. I always forget that I have a torch available!

Good luck with finding this, I have the same, done ,any scans with nothing to show. So far I’ve changed all 4 wheel bearings, all 4 ABS sensors, brake light switch and reservoir level switch , and it still does it, next to try is the yaw sensor.

A couple of basic checks you can do before you have the car scanned.

Check the level of the fluid in the brake reservoir and top up with fresh DOT 4 if needed.

Check the front brake pads for excessive wear could be break wear or could be a fault in the brake wear wiring.
Perfect I'll get on that. Cheers

Good luck with finding this, I have the same, done ,any scans with nothing to show. So far I’ve changed all 4 wheel bearings, all 4 ABS sensors, brake light switch and reservoir level switch , and it still does it, next to try is the yaw sensor.
Ouch. That's annoying. Hope you get it solved

It's very odd, that you're seeing an abs light, with no error code showing on a scan. What scan tool did you use? Any warning/alarm condition is stored, along with it's details, and will remain, even after the fault is rectified, unless cleared via OBD port.
Mac.

It's very odd, that you're seeing an abs light, with no error code showing on a scan. What scan tool did you use? Any warning/alarm condition is stored, along with it's details, and will remain, even after the fault is rectified, unless cleared via OBD port.
Mac.
Putting it a bit clearer, if there are definitely no error codes being reported, then the fault could well be in the dash cluster, and not a sensor.
Mac.

Would be interesting to see how much genuine are, about 10 years they were about £9 but one time only fit and if you got it wrong bin fodder

Back