Water in Rear Hatch

TAABVW

A2OC Donor
Does anyone know where water might be leaking into the rear hatch door? Sometimes after rain, water starts leaking out of the latch area (onto my head) when the boot hatch is raised. The water would appear to be getting in when the hatch is closed though I'm not sure whether it gets in when the car is driven in the wet or stationry when rained overnight. Given that the top of the hatch seems to be all glass, which tends to have obvious damage when it leaks, I cannot see how water could be getting in.

Anyone experienced this and could direct me where to squirt the mastic?

Trevor

The seals between the hatch glass and the spoiler top do let go and the inside of the spoiler fills up with water. Could this be getting through the glass, where I believe there are two bolts under the strip on the inside? It's advisable to drill a couple of holes in the lowest points of the underside of the spoiler anyway, to keep water from accumulating inside. If this hasn't already been done on yours, it wouldn't hurt.

A tell-tell sign I found is that deterioration of the seal results in black streaks down the tail gate. I drilled 3 holes - ends and middle near to the glass. Lot's of water came out. Some people say they can hear it sloshing about. Still get the black streaks. :(

Back