Water leak from hose

teemck

Ive just changed a cambellt and water pump on my audi 2 1,6fsi and topped up with antifreeze to find water is leaking out of a pipe connected to the radiator i will attach image Help?

Attachments

• DSC_0148.JPG
    DSC_0148.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 442
I assume you stressed the pipe when doing the cambelt. I not 100% orientated in your picture but is that the coolant pipe from the top of the radiator to the thermostat housing? If so it is item 11 in...

It is not exactly clear in the diagram but it is a composite arrangement better seen here ..

Best course of action is to buy new from Audi/TPS, part number 8Z0121101AD, but it won't be cheap or you could risk (not advised) used on eBay if available.

Andy

Last edited:
I assume you stressed the pipe when doing the cambelt. I not 100% orientated in your picture but is that the coolant pipe from the top of the radiator to the thermostat housing? If so it is item 11 in...

It is not exactly clear in the diagram but it is a composite arrangement better seen here ..

Best course of action is to buy new from Audi/TPS, part number 8Z0121101AD, but it won't be cheap or you could risk (not advised) used on eBay if available.

Andy
Hi andy in the image you see pink that is the antifreeze flowing out of a small hole not sure if its some sort of breather or something broke it was getting dark so i will check again in the day?

Hi andy in the image you see pink that is the antifreeze flowing out of a small hole not sure if its some sort of breather or something broke it was getting dark so i will check again in the day?
Daytime image think there is a bit broken from the cooling coupling

Attachments

• DSC_0149.JPG
    DSC_0149.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 391
What pipe connects to the upper coolant coupler
It's in the coolant diagram but I have just checked and the diagram is slightly wrong. Start at the small pipe from the top of the coolant tank, trace it down, straight on at the first Y branch, and at the next Y branch, branch left. This then carries on to connect to your sheared off spigot. Should be plain as day just dangling there.

Andy

Edit. The missing pipe should be secured to another pipe with a clip only a few inches from the sheared spigot.

Last edited:
It's in the coolant diagram but I have just checked and the diagram is slightly wrong. Start at the small pipe from the top of the coolant tank, trace it down, straight on at the first Y branch, and at the next Y branch, branch left. This then carries on to connect to your sheared off spigot. Should be plain as day just dangling there.

Andy
Must of broke off some how whilst i was jacking up the engine i will have to replace now hard part i need to find one lol.

Edwrai's picture implies that just the elbow with the spigot is available separately, failing that composite affair from Audi/TPS as post #2.

Andy

On another missing pipe. How do fill up the windscreen water jets bottle, it is clearly missing at the service hatch? White spigot best seen in your first picture or did you simply disconnect to move it out of the way?

Andy

On another missing pipe. How do fill up the windscreen water jets bottle, it is clearly missing at the service hatch? White spigot best seen in your first picture or did you simply disconnect to move it out of the way?

Andy
No that's separate i noticed a hole in the bottle previous owner used a screw to hold the under tray obviously not realising they screwed right into the screen wash bottle i noticed the leak whilst removing to change the cam belt, and the coupling i must of damaged whilst jacking up the engine changing the belt i only realise the problem while topping up the cooler.

No that's separate i noticed a hole in the bottle previous owner used a screw to hold the under tray obviously not realising they screwed right into the screen wash bottle i noticed the leak whilst removing to change the cam belt, and the coupling i must of damaged whilst jacking up the engine changing the belt i only realise the problem while topping up the cooler.
I think A2Steve has a FSI in at the moment for recycling. Suggest you send him a PM if he does not pick up on your other wanted thread, which incidentally should be in Wanted in the forum's Marketplace, do not be surprised if it is moved by a moderator.

Andy

I think A2Steve has a FSI in at the moment for recycling. Suggest you send him a PM if he does not pick up on your other wanted thread, which incidentally should be in Wanted in the forum's Marketplace, do not be surprised if it is moved by a moderator.

Andy
Thanks im new to all this so try to ignore.

Who how and were is steve?lol
Steve is one of the clubs main A2 recyclers, an ethical breaker who only strips A2's beyond economical repair. Based in South Wales, although most things can be posted, he has helped hundreds of members keep their A2 on the road by providing parts at quite reasonable cost. As I said send him a PM, letter symbol in main menu bar.

Can you see the Market in the main menu bar?

Andy

Edwrai's picture implies that just the elbow with the spigot is available separately, failing that composite affair from Audi/TPS as post #2.

Andy

Mmm I’ve recently had dealings with this part, it is all in one with the pipe, it may be removed from the old pipe but using a hack saw as it’s a single ring of metal with no way of getting it off other than to cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmm I’ve recently had dealings with this part, it is all in one with the pipe, it may be removed from the old pipe but using a hack saw as it’s a single ring of metal with no way of getting it off other than to cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i did just that lol

Attachments

• DSC_0150.JPG
    DSC_0150.JPG
    668.5 KB · Views: 423
Back