Waterproof seat covers

BT3469

Hi all

Just fancy some new ones, anyone had some good experiences ? Some on EBay for £19.50 to £50 for just the fronts. Anyone got any decent pics fitted they wanna share. Silver A2 so black seems to be the default colour too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No experiences, but your seats have airbags in the sides, which is going to make it very difficult to find covers that have cutouts around that entire location so as not to impede them if they have to deploy.

Good point...I knew there was something so with a bit of seam adjustment haha....bang goes the expensive ones as they seem to be all in ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The seat aftermarket covers I had looked at were Seatskinz but unfortunately they had listed the A2 by mistake and didn’t actually provide for our cars.

I mention it only because these covers had deliberately fragile stitching over the airbags so the panels would just rip out in the case of a deployment. These were synthetic leather and very thick covers.

Most of the seat covers I have seen wouldn’t be able to significantly slow an airbag or prevent it from deploying but I guess it’s up to you to consider structure and material. I’ve seen small airbags used to put dents in sheet steel and blow doors off of cars (on Youtube of course).

You could always get the one you want, rip the seam out and tackstitch or Velcro it back together if you are at all handy with a needle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back