We now have a bolt in 6 speed gearbox for the FSI

A lot of people would like to know which are used and or altered;

- Gearbox code
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Mountings altering
- Cables/shiftower altering
- Cruise control still working (apparently on some fora CC is not usable in higher or highest gear when changing or altering petrol gearboxes...)
- Drive shaft flanges to be changed?

Straight bolt on doesn't mean plug and play I guess, but if you have more info it would clear questions raised. Pictures would be perfect.
Thanx for sharing!

The 5 speed and 6 speed next to each other. All the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200327-130514_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200327-130514_Gallery.jpg
    955.1 KB · Views: 460
What’s the revs like at 70? I had a mk5 golf plus FSI before the A2 and I remember it being quite a close ratio box

What’s the revs like at 70? I had a mk5 golf plus FSI before the A2 and I remember it being quite a close ratio box
This is my No1 question. What are the gear ratios? If 6 gears have been compressed into the range of the FSI's standard 5 gears, then it's a fairly pointless upgrade. If, however, the first 5 gears are as standard and the 6th is sufficiently longer, then it's a really attractive upgrade.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
This is my No1 question. What are the gear ratios? If 6 gears have been compressed into the range of the FSI's standard 5 gears, then it's a fairly pointless upgrade. If, however, the first 5 gears are as standard and the 6th is sufficiently longer, then it's a really attractive upgrade.

Cheers,

Tom

Final drive ratio is much longer than a 5 speed. Each gear is longer. So 6th gear will see I higher top end speed.

Is this box only suitable for the FSI or other engine models also? Do we retain the A2 clutch or have to replace it with a Golf one?

Same clutch. No need to change, as the golf and a2 clutch ar the same. Not sure as yet about the 1.4. But most likely it will fit the same. I need to do more research about the 1.4 petrol.

Back