Chat Welcome home azura!

audio

A2OC Donor
_20200825_004000.JPG

Attachments

• _20200825_011048.JPG
    _20200825_011048.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 199
While lovely is waiting for parts and shot blast etc, I cdnt resist azure. Needs tlc but well she's tdi75 se and I should be able to fire it up and make it roadworthy with a super tight unemployed budget ?, to run chores.

Now i am sure most of these would have been covered in the forum before but then, this is my list!

So...it seems i have a fair bit to do before old Azura comes back to its wits....your fix views/opinions welcome, keeping in view she has been a SORN for years with 120k ish miles on it! so here is my short FUN 'to-do' and 'tell me how-to-do list' ? ( i might add to this list as I proceed ?) I will be doing everything myself in a tight budget...so....

1: Blower fan wont turn off! I guess resistor? FIXED (replaced fan motor and controller.)
2: She turns and runs but got no power (boost) with 40miles at 4000rpm 3rd gear! lol; actuator stuck open, leak or a knackered turbo? (Linked to issue#5 but Turbo refurbed, EGR deleted and ground out, O rings/gaskets and all nuts replaced) DONE!!!
3: Gearstick is hard, service shift rod/ tower assembly? FIXED! (Seized lower selector cable, replaced the set)
4: EML print is there on the speedo but doesn't light up???(has the eml but not programmed to light up from factory)
5: Seems like immobiliser has been bypassed for some reason and some altered wiring in ECU compartment which I'll show later. Key fob doesn't work either. I will need your how-to wisdom to return to standard. (ECU replaced and coded in, CCCU replaced with AF type and paired, wiring back to original setting)
6: Service flap doesn't latch, rusty/faulty mechanism. FIXED
7: Broken/cracked headlights. that i know, replace! lol DONE
8: Fuel filter plug leaking (steel bolt in place). just replace! DONE
9: There is 8 quick beep sequence when i turn the ignition on. wonder what that's about? Duh, it was parrot handsfree kit.
10: Check straps/hinges need replacing. Pending
11: Scabby polished SE? wheels; refurb with powder coat, what colour u guys suggest as i am not a big fan of going chromy/polishy? silver/black.Rustic? In progress
12 Tyres; , no tread, wire mesh out! Pending
14: Seat covers are good but need washing, I'll prefer removing them but how if at all? Pending
15: Not bad rust wise kiv the long SORN period and age so a little tlc n tidy up will do. DONE
16: No service history! may be try to dig from garages the MOTs were done from. Not fussed if I cant. I'll take it from today then!
17: ABS and ESP lights are lit constantly: think that's one of the front speed sensors. FIXED!!! (both sensors replaced, osf reluctor ring replaced and steering angle sensor calibrated)
18. Brake pad wear sensor harness repair. (New connector fitted)
19: Front coil springs, one is broken and the other upside down and a bump stop deteriorated! : Replace. DONE
20: Leaking O/S shaft oil seal. (Replaced)
21: Replace headlamps and other bulbs. DONE (Thanks @Clackers )
22: Engine oil/filter, fuel filter, Gear oil, brake fluid: flush/bleed & fill: DONE
23: Both inner CV boots outer clip missing (Replaced both sides and serviced)
24: O/S rear brake cylinder binding (Replaced both sides)
25: Rear cross beam corrosion! (brushed sanded and painted)
26: nsf front coil spring fitted upside down!, osf coil spring broken. (Replaced both springs and bump stops)

27: Test all sensors, switches, replays and solenoids. DONE
28: Erratic idle/missfire FIXED
29: Broken glow plug cyl 3. Pending
30: Old style wiper arm needs seeing @depronman Pending
31:Alarm horn faulty or disconnected. Pending

well thats about it for now!?

Last edited:
6, done: hell of a job to do imo...lol. rusty latch and internal lever pull mechanism was out of place...a dog to reassemble!....esp with it raining today and my face on the clutch pedal!...sorted!

Last edited:
Task 2 continues...
Took me almost whole evening to get two nuts off (rounded with rust) and 1 minute for the third... One more to go (not a 2 minute one for sure ?) and that's tmorw coz I am drained!!! ?

Attachments

• _20200903_210636.JPG
    _20200903_210636.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 199
Have used a nut splitter on exhaust nuts before but access is not that great. Penetrant then try to slightly TIGHTEN the nuts, leave for 10 minutes in more penetrant then alternate tighten and loosen.

Have used a nut splitter on exhaust nuts before but access is not that great. Penetrant then try to slightly TIGHTEN the nuts, leave for 10 minutes in more penetrant then alternate tighten and loosen.
Yea top ones are relatively better and coming undone with normal cursing and swearing. Bottom ones didn't have any hex left on them so I used those fluted sockets for rounded nuts but then again hardly a space to hammer the socket on the nut so neighbours could hear me loud on that ??

Friendly exhaust center near?
Yea anytime, I shd be OK though. Think it's still in hands. Last resort I Wdve cut it and rig weld it myself but I think it will come off. Just one nut and 5 bolts to go...! ?

I would hazard a guess that the bearings are well past it in the turbo. What about pulling it in line with the shaft, how bad is that?

Back