Information We've got one!

budword

Hi All

Very pleased to say that after hankering after one of these cars since I test drove a brand new one some 14 years ago, I finally have one!

a2.JPG

Hope I know what I'm letting myself in for, as despite only having covered 69K it has only done 500 of those miles in the last year. Sailed through the MOT and fully serviced so things are looking up. Just getting all the belts done as no evidence in the service book that these have been done (in 12 years!)

Surprised (yet inwardly very pleased), to have someone give me the thumbs up on the motorway as I was driving it back home. 200 miles straight off without missing a beat.

Thanks in advance to some really useful info on the site. Already looking to book up with A2cars for their Cruise offer and a once over.

Anyone got an Owners manual by any chance? Can't believe Audi Bristol want £27 for a replacement.

Happy motoring...

Welcome to the addictive world of ownership!

Nice to see someone localish to me join the forum etc. I can do most things on these as well so always nearby for assistance!

Currently installing bose, rear power windows, leather, climate, cruise and double din dash in mine, so be warned the retrofitting can also be addictive!

This site is an outstanding forum though for any advice, amazing to see that there are members on here that sacrifice potential income over the spirit of a forum.

Thanks Paul. Sounds like you've got a lot planned. I guess I just want to be sure everything important is running ok first, but doubt I'll be able to resist a remap at some point.
Would really appreciate if you can recommend anyone localish that has done any work on yours.

Looks like a good build up of owners in the brizzle area. I'm close and looking forward to a local meet.
Welcome aboard. Start smiling. Oh wait, you already are :D

I remember taking a black TDi demonstrator out for a spin in Lincoln when they first came out and thinking 'this is the future!' and feeling pretty funky in it as there just wasn't anything like it on the road at the time (still isn't?!). Unfortunately, available cash went on house deposit rather than on wheels.
Alas though, we are giving up our other much loved classic, Fiat Multipla (I won't have a bad word said), to make way for the A2. May it bring us as much joy, fun, practicality and with just a little bit better, how shall I say, build quality...

Back