What’s missing?

Hey friends,
I was doing some cleaning and fiddling in the boot area of my A2 over the weekend and it struck me that I don’t know what’s missing from my under-floor kit. I attach a pic, if anyone could take a look and let me know what looks like it’s absent that‘d be great.
I’m particularly interested in the rectangular gap to the top right.

Rob

32752EB7-AEEA-42BE-B1EB-B269492C2B80.jpeg

Search on site doesn't work very well though Google of "a2oc.net whats missing from boot" returned this...

Unless it's hiding under the towing eye, the wheelnut wrench is missing. I assume also that if you have a locking wheelnut key, it's elsewhere in the car.

The towing eye is currently sitting in the moulding for a detachable towbar which is a rare option. It usually lives at the bottom of the other moulding next to that, with the wheelnut wrench above it.

Also, worth noting that you appear to have the original battery so it's now 15 years old. They do last well being located internally but one to bear in mind.

Has anybody got this?????
My Cobalt TDI for sale in the Market has this. Or rather, had this. The system was inop when the car came to me, the buttons in the handbrake tray were broken and were removed. The CD unit is still in the hole in the boot with the access hatch above it.

Looks like the battery has a QR code on it doubt these were widely used 15 yrs ago!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Surprisingly you are wrong. The car industry has been using them longer than that.

A QR code (abbreviated from Quick Response code) is a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional barcode) first designed in 1994 for the automotive industry in Japan.

Thanks for the information. I bought a bosch last week and not a qr code in sight feel Ive been short changed.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Like a lot of things now it is possible the QR code was on the original outer packaging that was removed before your purchase e.g if they were delivered to the supplier in a crate or pallet then that may have had the code, then when split down the code is "lost".

Back