What colour is my interior?

Hey all,
I know that colour perception is a real variable, I’m trying to get a definitive call on what colour my interior seats, door cards, carpets etc are.
Your wisdom and help appreciated, pics attached....

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_3517.jpg
    IMG_3517.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_3518.jpg
    IMG_3518.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_3575.jpg
    IMG_3575.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 269
Having seen it with my own eyes, I can be sure it's Platinum, with SE seats in the Matrix fabric - in itself a rare upgrade, and being heated with lumbar support, even rarer.

Even more unusual to find them in a car with plastic steering wheel, gear lever, and handbrake grip & button - it's crying out for replacements in leather, with the silver handbrake button!

Last edited:
Yes that was one of the problems with the last "Special Edition" cars they were lower spec and the steering wheel gear lever and hand brake the most obvious. I thought the interior was Twist but tend to agree it is Platinum plastics.

Agreed. Do you have any details on part numbers I might need to be on the lookout for?
Having seen it with my own eyes, I can be sure it's Platinum, with SE seats in the Matrix fabric - in itself a rare upgrade, and being heated with lumbar support, even rarer.

Even more unusual to find them in a car with plastic steering wheel, gear lever, and handbrake grip & button - it's crying out for replacements in leather, with the silver handbrake button!

Twist would normally have a sort of biscuit brown colour to the dashboard and steering wheel (although I tend to see it as quite a greeny shade). You can tell easiest in pictures, where it goes around the edges of the radio, climate unit etc. That said, I did previously have a Special Edition breaker in original factory Twist with a black dashboard.

I know someone recently upgrades their SE wheel to sport ( but they were keeping the airbag loom ). There was a thread on here about it.
Placing an ad on Market is probably the best way as you have already been advised by @Proghound . One of our breakers will have them.

Yes but if you are very quick I know @Rickmeister is putting in an AT order so you can save on shipping costs. Assuming that it has not already gone in.

This picture shows the main interior colours.

1601900304081.jpeg

Let to right Soul, Platinum, Twist and Jive. Edit:- SWING.

Last edited:
If you have the original service book, the colour and trim is on the printout stuck on the first page.
Mac.

This picture shows the main interior colours.

View attachment 70764

Let to right Soul, Platinum, Twist and Jive.
The dark grey on the right is Swing rather than Jive isn't it? AFAIK Jive is the name of the biscuit-colour that's restricted to the dash and the touch-points (steering wheel inc. cowling, gear lever, handbrake grip), that you only get in a Twist car.

The dark grey on the right is Swing rather than Jive isn't it? AFAIK Jive is the name of the biscuit-colour that's restricted to the dash and the touch-points (steering wheel inc. cowling, gear lever, handbrake grip), that you only get in a Twist car.
Ian,

Just for my own information, as you know I have a Jive interior but the gear knob needs a repaint.

Are you or anyone else able to confirm the colour as I thought the steering wheel, handbrake cover and gear knob/gaiter were Swing in a Jive interior.

I thought it was just the top half of the dashboard that was the biscuit colour. Will pop out to the car shortly.

Hopefully someone can give me an answer as I’m hoping to buy the leather paint and was going to get Swing but will hold off it’s an ‘abnormal’ colour as it will be more difficult to locate.

Kind regards,

Tom

That makes sense. Should have known that as I have a dark grey A6 armrest colour SWING?

Ian,

Just for my own information, as you know I have a Jive interior but the gear knob needs a repaint.

Are you or anyone else able to confirm the colour as I thought the steering wheel, handbrake cover and gear knob/gaiter were Swing in a Jive interior.

I thought it was just the top half of the dashboard that was the biscuit colour. Will pop out to the car shortly.

Hopefully someone can give me an answer as I’m hoping to buy the leather paint and was going to get Swing but will hold off it’s an ‘abnormal’ colour as it will be more difficult to locate.

Kind regards,

Tom
i thought jive and twist were the same thing?! just on different ages of car? code 4QC I think. swing is a mid grey, darker than platinum, but nowhere near as dark as it seems to look on images. swing also looks nothing like twist/jive in the flesh.

Ian,

Kind regards,

Tom
Tom, you have a Twist interior, not Jive!
The dark grey on the right in the above picture (the only other colour option available at the start of production and phased out for the 2002 model year) is definitely Swing.
Of these two things I am certain ?

The only point on which I am not 100% sure is the name of the biscuit colour of the (upper) dash, steering wheel & cowling, gear lever and handbrake grip in a Twist car. While it's a part of the Twist colour scheme, I believe its name is Jive. I can say for certain though that it's not the same colour as Swing.

I would be confident that you don't need Swing leather paint for your gearknob - there shouldn't even be such a thing because leather in a Swing interior was black i.e.(what later became) Soul. So I think you should be looking for Jive leather paint.

Back