What do we think of this 1.6?

Surgeon

MoT history doesn't indicate caring ownership. Likely not using Super Unleaded. Need more on service history. One man's good is another man's not so good.
Same advice as before dash lights check for correct operation, especially EML. Check when cam belt was changed etc.
Mac.

Initial thoughts as follows:

- don’t like that sizeable dent on the panel next to the rear door.
- MOT advisories, seem straight forward but check the exhaust and the price to fix.
- being and FSI, I’d suggest you have a VCDS scan to check it’s okay and not misfiring as this happens at this sort of mileage. No proboost temporarily available at the moment so no short term fix if it is.
- check how many owners, it’s maintenance record and ideally you want all the receipts.
- check when timing belt and water pump last done.

Dont be swayed by the fact Akoya silver SE looks really nice when it’s washed, do all the checks you’d expect of a 17 year old car. It’s a reasonably strong price so I’d expect a really good car.

Last edited:
You'd need to see the service history for a full picture but it seems like it was hardly used for the first 7 years of its life, which isn't good for an FSI. MOT advisories seem to have been attended to each year until its most recent owner who appears to have baulked at buying both of two tyres - not a good sign. At last MOT it had also acquired an exhaust blow - and may still have it? Shame too about the dent by the rear OS door, PDR pop-out methods don't work on aluminium so it would have to be filled and blown in. It could also use another NS headlight. I certainly wouldn't pay more than about 60% of the asking price for it, but suspect the seller wouldn't take much less than full price.

You might have answered your own question there with the 1.4.

Initial thoughts as follows:

- don’t like that sizeable dent on the panel next to the rear door.
- MOT advisories, seem straight forward but check the exhaust and the price to fix.
- being and FSI, I’d suggest you have a VCDS scan to check it’s okay and not misfiring as this happens at this sort of mileage. No proboost temporarily available at the moment so no short term fix if it is.
- check how many owners, it’s maintenance record and ideally you want all the receipts.
- check when timing belt and water pump last done.

Dont be swayed by the fact Akoya silver SE looks really nice when it’s washed, do all the checks you’d expect of a 17 year old car. It’s a reasonably strong price so I’d expect a really good car.
Thank you. What is a VCDS Scan?

Looking at the windscreen there looks like a lot of condensation inside the car. If the door cards are wet at the bottom the membrane between the door and the panel can fail allowing water in to the car at the bottom of the door. This can also be from leaking rear vents in the boot. If the boot is wet then it’s the rear vents. If the rear headline is sagging it’s a sign there is water getting in . The inside rear roof is not shown in the pics thou .

Thank you. What is a VCDS Scan?
It’s the diagnostic tool that dealers/mechanics use, you’ll need a cable which is cheap on the internet (circa £5-£10) and a free download for the basic software (search on here for it for more info).

The alternative is to see if a local member is prepared to help, I’d check all the normal things first as the car might not meet standards as the seller may/may not want to let you scan it.

Last edited:
Hello lovely forum.

What are the thoughts on this 1.6?

I am lookin for a metallic car, petrol, mileage less than 100000. I will probably end up with a 1.4 as I can't imagine the other half remembering to use super.

As already mentioned, the dent in the rear quarter is not a good start, and I can see three dents in the tailgate! I got a better car (body wise) for £500 last Oct. I wouldn't bother with this one, basic spec too.

Ian

Note that there's no photo of the dashboard. I always like to see that - proves mileage and also there may be a clue with the date showing on the rev counter.

Back