what year did OBD2 come out in the A2 ?

If the owner specified it as an option then yes, otherwise the rotary dial heater type. BTW it is Climate not AC.

Twisty knobs is single-DIN only from factory, and much harder to convert to double-DIN for Nav units, CarPlay etc. than a car with Climate.

The pictures look ok. Have you done a check on the Gov web site into its MOT history? Does not always show much, but continual advisories are not a sign of things being taken care of. In the end of the day it is your cash so only you are capable of making the call to buy it or not. Certainly go and drive it and even scan it for faults if you are interested in it.

If you are going to use a separate sat nav anyway then double din at a later date if not already fitted should not be the deal breaker. I find the double din too low in the dash for sat nav even with DIS display. But that is MY choice and many will disagree with that statement.

The pictures look ok. Have you done a check on the Gov web site into its MOT history? Does not always show much, but continual advisories are not a sign of things being taken care of. In the end of the day it is your cash so only you are capable of making the call to buy it or not. Certainly go and drive it and even scan it for faults if you are interested in it.
yea i have checked the history of it ..... its had a few fails due to tires etc and a few silly things so i guess its a trip out to have a look at it .....was also looking at this one as well as its only 30 miles away .... called him 5 times today left messages emails him etc and no reply ... even the email address in the show room doesnt come up with anything so im a bit jubious regards it being Genuine

If you are going to use a separate sat nav anyway then double din at a later date if not already fitted should not be the deal breaker. I find the double din too low in the dash for sat nav even with DIS display. But that is MY choice and many will disagree with that statement.
totally agree with the double din being too low in the dash mate .. i will fit a separate nav and may mount the phone some where so i can run torque pro

The 2004 is a much nicer spec car with full DIS and climate. Worth pursuing if you can get in touch with them. Again YOU have to be happy. Also think the first one will have more expensive Road Tax.

The 2004 is a much nicer spec car with full DIS and climate. Worth pursuing if you can get in touch with them. Again YOU have to be happy. Also think the first one will have more expensive Road Tax.
is there a way to find out what tax bracket the car is in ? .. in the add it claims it will cost 2.60 a month so 30 squids ..

The 2004 will be £30 a year and I believe if it is pre March 2001 the tax is £165 a year.

Back