What's the best Heater Blower Motor Fan?

Pugliese

A2OC Donor
The time has come to replace the heater blower fan motor.

It seized around 10 years ago, but a squirt of oil sorted that, now a 100k miles later it is now getting noisy and struggling to start. Glove box out and another squirt has eased matters but at 186k miles I think it deserves to be replaced.

So what is the thinking on the best replacement? Choice seems to be cheap with supposed 2 yr gtee https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38364436...=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY or something a bit more exotic https://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/15503234-nrf-interior-blower
or are there better suggestions?

Thanks

I would put a `wanted` post in the classified section and hopefully one of our cherished breakers will come up trumps with an OEM replacement, probably at a bargain price.

Good Luck, John

I would put a `wanted` post in the classified section and hopefully one of our cherished breakers will come up trumps with an OEM replacement, probably at a bargain price.

Good Luck, John
Thanks John, I thought of that but they will be quite old and think new may be a better option, but I'm happy to be corrected.:)

What are the options?

Generally speaking, if you’re keeping the car long term then for something like that I’d always look for either OE or Bosch, if available.

Thanks John, I thought of that but they will be quite old and think new may be a better option, but I'm happy to be corrected.:)

I find German parts either fail early in their life or go on for ever, I see it as a temporary fix installing used parts at a fraction of the cost and they`re easy to fit cause your swapping like for like.

And I`ve been watching this forum for a good 10 years and I cant remember many heater blowers, failing, you`ve probably been unlucky.
If you`ve never used our breakers, you`ll be surprised at how good their parts and service are.

Your Choice.

And I`ve been watching this forum for a good 10 years and I cant remember many heater blowers, failing, you`ve probably been unlucky.
If you`ve never used our breakers, you`ll be surprised at how good their parts and service are.

Your Choice.
Thanks John, I appreciate the advice and having used @A2Steve before, know what excellent service they give. I understand that the A1 fans are the same as the A2, so a newer secondhand one of those may be the smartest cost effective option.

Having consulted with A2Steve, just bought a 2016 A1 blower on ebay £25, on the basis that its newer than any A2 OEM and apparently better quality. Anyway for £25 hopefully a good buy. Now just got to get ready to take the skin off my fingers getting the original out :)

Just to finish this thread. A1 blower arrived, perfect fit. The difficult 5th bolt was surprisingly easy to remove, following the excellent guides on here. I used a flexible screwdriver with a T15 bit. Whole system working really well and much quieter. Thanks for everyone's advice and in particular @A2Steve who came up with the best and cheapest solution

Back