What's the sensor under the death pipe?

bazmonaut

So I broke the wires to this sensor when replacing the death pipe.

I have a replacement electrical plug with a tail ready to install, but don't know which way around the wires go as I pulled them out of the original connector.

Ideally I'm looking for someone to tell me whether the brown wire goes to the port labelled 1 or 2 on the connector. Failing that, just identifying the sensor so I can do some research.

Cheers as ever.

B

So I broke the wires to this sensor when replacing the death pipe.

I have a replacement electrical plug with a tail ready to install, but don't know which way around the wires go as I pulled them out of the original connector.

Ideally I'm looking for someone to tell me whether the brown wire goes to the port labelled 1 or 2 on the connector. Failing that, just identifying the sensor so I can do some research.

Cheers as ever.

B
You say death pipe so I assume FSI. The sensor is the knock sensor G61. This image answers your question, but notice there is an error, the wire on the left in the diagram should read black.

image.png

Andy

Many thanks Andy.

I just came back here to post that I had found the G61 label and the wiring diagram... but the diagram I was looking at must be for some other A2 engine and is opposite of the one above: brown wire to port 1.

Note here for other kak-handed kludges who pull the wires off the knock sensor: make sure you are looking at the wiring diagram for your engine. The FSI is as per the diagram above: brown wire to port 2.

My own kak-hands thank you Andy.

Many thanks Andy.

I just came back here to post that I had found the G61 label and the wiring diagram... but the diagram I was looking at must be for some other A2 engine and is opposite of the one above: brown wire to port 1.

Note here for other kak-handed kludges who pull the wires off the knock sensor: make sure you are looking at the wiring diagram for your engine. The FSI is as per the diagram above: brown wire to port 2.

My own kak-hands thank you Andy.
Just about to sit down to eat, give me an hour and I will check the diagram I posted is for the FSI.

Andy

Back