What's this loose connector found in 1.6 FSI engine bay?

Scumfrog

Having just removed the inlet manifold to try to solve a broken swirl flap actuator problem, we came across this connector which doesn't seem to have a socket, or at least we can't find it. It's the usual elongated D shape. Not sure it has a name.
a.jpg

It seems to be part of the original loom.
And it runs up as shown in red to behind this box at the top of the bulkhead in the engine bay. (RHS, in front of the driver):
b.jpg

From memory, the connected wire is green / yellow and the cut wire is purple and possibly blue. Didn't make a note of it, as I thought it would be visible in the photo.

Car runs fine. EML is on, but I thought that's due to the flap actuator arm being broken.

A guess, but I think it should go to the N316 vacuum control valve, that controls vacuum to the flap actuator.
Mac.

Agree with Mac, almost certainly the connector on the N316 valve, area is right, matches connector type and wiring diagram colours (purple/yellow, green/yellow). The valve is bolted to the side of the upper inlet manifold behind the vacuum actuator. Common bodge in a vain attempt to cancel the EML caused by flap fault.

Andy

You're correct. Thanks.
The bit that threw the mechanic was that someone, instead of just removing the connector from the valve, had cut the wires and then put another connector on the end of the cut wire. Which is somewhat bizzarre.

Back