What's your A2's name?

Muska

A2OC Donor
I was having a chat with a few people at the Stanford Hall social and noticed a few of us had named our aluminium friends with older fashioned names, for me it just seems to suit them, I've had Bert (the little old man who just won't retire!) and currently have Heu.

What's yours called? :)

Mines called Vera which is made up from the letters in her number plate...fits in nicely with Mabel and Ada (Teresa and Murdo). Just need an Edna and Ethel now. ? ?

Last edited:
I never really named mine. My original one has become called 'Crystal' after its colour, mainly during a mammoth retrofitting visit from @timmus in April - it was just easier than saying 'the crystal blue one' all the time. The Cobalt TDI I brought to Stanford Hall and on the Scotland trip was previously @sciroccorrado's Pure project, and the name 'Pure' seems to have stuck in the same way. I've always thought of them as girls rather than boys and these names sit well with that, even if it sounds like I'm running a meth lab when I talk about them :D

@Didgesteve, I shall have to stop thinking of Idris as 'JRV' now!

Last edited:
Compared to many A2's on here mine is fairly basic spec, so I coined the name 'Nothing Special', keeps him (definitely) from getting delusions of grandeur and keeps him in his place.

Andy

My original car/project which brought me into the A2 world is known as 'Shoby car' (due to my late Nephew - story in my signature), others are Scrappy after I literally saved it from the scrap yard, Bullet as it was fast, Greenie, Opal, Rafi, Eeyore, Ress, Fussie (FSi), Crystal (Crystal blue), Dolly (Dolphin grey) ... Plenty more as I've probably owned more than anyone, but I'll stop now lol :)

Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had Bert (the little old man who just won't retire!) and currently have Heu.
Having studied German to A-level back in the distant past my first inclination is to pronounce Heu as 'Hoy' more than 'Hugh'. Equally the French would have it more like a shortened 'Her'. Now if it ended in OU there really could be some arguments :D

Mines called DOUG. Only because of the number plate D e 0 3 U p G.
I know its a zero not an O but to me it stands out when you look at it.
Steve

I hadn't named our cars for a while as they were just transport. The A2s are much more than transport so have been named, also much easier than describing which one we're talking about as there have been four in use at times. Buzz- yellow storm, Bo - blue storm, Woody - silver mist, Rex - Cobalt FSI, Ham - Cobalt. Yes, the kids like Toy Story (who doesn't?).

Tarkus, from the tank like armadillo on the cover to the ELP album of the same name.
Tarkus.jpg

Back