Where are they Now?

mjsbrabus

A2OC Donor
Just going back into A2 ownership and wondered if any member owned the last A2 I had. Sold in 2008 to a nice chap from West Cumbria. I see from DVLA that it is still going strong with about 160k miles on it.
DSC00020.JPG

I don’t unfortunately @mjsbrabus but perhaps this could be a thread also used by others?
I do know my first A2 sold 14 years ago is still in service somewhere.

I had a moment then when I thought it was my sons A2, but his is an 03 plate, otherwise exactly the same - Azur Blue sport with OSS.
If you do find it and get it back, we can fix the OSS for you as it will inevitably be broken.

Kleynie - ha ha - yes you have a job for life there fixing BrokenSkys !!!
Saw an A2 at the car auction in Eastbourne the other week. Tested the OpenSky - it made some horrendous noises and opened a little but it didn't close. Was not aware of your services at the time - it might have been worth buying. Doubt it made much more than £250!

It might be worth asking Harpers servicing department in Carlisle. To my surprise they look after about 15 A2s!
Who knew Carlisle is such a hot bed of A2 ownership?

Oh I am just curious. Thought it might have come into the ownership of a club member and hope it was still giving good service.
Actually during my ownership this car was intent on testing my A2 affection. Within a relatively small mileage I replaced wheel bearings / drop links / bushes etc. The car managed to 'saw' both ABS front sensor leads in half - and to top it all the intercooler separated where the plastic join is resulting in 'limp mode' and the fitting of a new intercooler.
Spent a year getting everything right and then my dear wife decided she would buy the first and only new car we ever bought - a new Fiat 500 for which there was at the time a 6 month waiting list.
The sorted A2 got used less and less and was sold.
Such is life!

I don’t know the answer to that one Lawrence but I agree many A2s appear to be masculine.
Every car I have owned has had a male name so the A2s have both been masculine too.

How come so many A2s seem to be "masculine"? All of my past cars have been feminine!

LG.
My previous two A2's were boys, but my current one (Mabel) is very definitely a girl. Could not for the life of me explain why, any more than i can explain why i knew i would be punished for leaving her in a car park in Leeds overnight on Saturday and was not surprised to go to her this morning to find both the front windows fully down and the inside of the car full of dew!

My previous two A2's were boys, but my current one (Mabel) is very definitely a girl. Could not for the life of me explain why, any more than i can explain why i knew i would be punished for leaving her in a car park in Leeds overnight on Saturday and was not surprised to go to her this morning to find both the front windows fully down and the inside of the car full of dew!

Ooops :(

both the front windows fully down and the inside of the car full of dew!

I thought that you were going to say both front windows smashed! Had you simply left them down? Are you driving around this weather with the front windows open? You must be hardy!

LG.

Back