Information where is airbag control module on 2001 A2

gam

How to remove airbag control module on audi A2, does any one know the location of the control module?.
i have following fault codes
i have same falut code thre time in airbag control module, try to clear with U281 VW/Audi CAN scanner, but faults does not go away,
hope to change control module, but any one know how to get to the airbag control module. Thank you

From memory, am I right in thinking it's beneath the hand brake lever? If so, you've got to remove the whole centre tunnel to access it.

Cheers,

Tom

Yep, Tom's correct.
Make sure you disconnect the battery with the ignition on and when you reconnect, ignition on. I also turn on the light switch to "absorb" any spikes.
Depending on how much time you have, it will be much easier if you remove one of the front seats for better access to the console tunnel.
blue skies
tony

Audi a2 uses few types of airbag modules, here are the guide to select what type you have. airbag module is under the handbreak in centre tunnel.

8Z0959655F - control unit for driver/front passenger, side and curtain airbags / F >> 8Z-4-016 245* / PR-4X3

8Z0959655H -control unit for driver/front passenger, side and curtain airbags and the possibility of deactivating the front passenger airbag / F 8Z-4-016 246>>* / PR-4X3

8Z0959655E - control unit for driver/front passenger and side airbags / F >> 8Z-4-016 245* / PR-4X1

8Z0959655G - control unit for driver/front passenger and side airbags and the possibility of deactivat. the front passenger airbag / F 8Z-4-016 256>>*

Good luck

Thanks Tom and Tony, as you said air-bag control module was right under the hand break. Thanks for the top tip, its save me removing dashboard and gear stick to find airbag control module. I could remove the centre tunnel with out removing seats.

Back