Where to get control arms / suspension bits in UK???

Miniblob

Hi there,

I need to get hold of some front arms for my 2001 1.4tdi (75bhp) - was hoping to get the Meyle parts - 116 050 0098 and 116 050 0099.
Problem is everyone seems to drop ship from Germany, which is going to take too long!!!
Any idea where I can get some new parts from, in the UK? (Meyle or otherwise?)
I need them in hand at the end of the week, as the car is booked in early monday morning, for this and some other bits.

I've already got top mounts on order, (febi kit with bearing/bolts, due for delivery on friday)
I know the car has had various bushes, etc, done before I bought it a few months back, but anything else I should be getting, for while they've got it apart? (The front end rattles and knocks over bumps and alignment is way off now - which will also be done!).

I'm tempted to go for new dampers, but I'm trying not to spend, as this is meant to be a cheap commuter, that I'll have to move on when they expand the ULEZ in London next year anyway. They don't 'need' doing, but I know new ones will be an improvement! Any cheapish suggestions?
I do a lot of miles on potholed A/B roads & lanes! (Done about 10k in the last 4 months!)

Cheers,
Rob.

Hi there,

I need to get hold of some front arms for my 2001 1.4tdi (75bhp) - was hoping to get the Meyle parts - 116 050 0098 and 116 050 0099.
Problem is everyone seems to drop ship from Germany, which is going to take too long!!!
Any idea where I can get some new parts from, in the UK? (Meyle or otherwise?)
I need them in hand at the end of the week, as the car is booked in early monday morning, for this and some other bits.

I've already got top mounts on order, (febi kit with bearing/bolts, due for delivery on friday)
I know the car has had various bushes, etc, done before I bought it a few months back, but anything else I should be getting, for while they've got it apart? (The front end rattles and knocks over bumps and alignment is way off now - which will also be done!).

I'm tempted to go for new dampers, but I'm trying not to spend, as this is meant to be a cheap commuter, that I'll have to move on when they expand the ULEZ in London next year anyway. They don't 'need' doing, but I know new ones will be an improvement! Any cheapish suggestions?
I do a lot of miles on potholed A/B roads & lanes! (Done about 10k in the last 4 months!)

Cheers,
Rob.

This eBay listing might be of interest:

The control arms in question are from the German Optimal brand, and they appear to be the original Lemforder castings, with the part numbers machined out. They are specifically intended for the petrol engined A2, with marginally softer rubber bushes, but quite acceptable to use with a TDI.

I had a pair fitted to my (petrol) A2 a couple of years ago, and they have been fine.

The specific Meyle arms you're after are available here:

They're a bit cheaper than my earlier recommendation, but the seller is not the quickest to ship stuff. Again, I speak from personal experience. I'd still be pretty confident you'd have them by the end of the week.

Last edited:
A third option is Febi. I've no experience of the quality of their arms, but in general they're a reliable brand.

They would be significantly cheaper, since you could use the BANK15 code today. I've dealt with the seller, Parts in Motion, and they're quick to get stuff shipped.

Thanks Steve - I don't know why they didn't come up on my search - maybe because they don't actually state a part number?
I'll try and contact the seller with the meyle arms, but as I say, all the ones I spoke to so far said they come direct from Germany and take 6/7/+ days!

If not, I'll see if those Febi ones are available.

Thanks Steve - I don't know why they didn't come up on my search - maybe because they don't actually state a part number?
I'll try and contact the seller with the meyle arms, but as I say, all the ones I spoke to so far said they come direct from Germany and take 6/7/+ days!

If not, I'll see if those Febi ones are available.

I'm confident that all three options I gave you are with sellers that have items in stock here in the UK.

As a side note, all three options are offering the petrol version of the arm, rather than the diesel one. But, as I said earlier, that's quite acceptable and makes little or no difference.

One other item you may wish to purchase is a new set of drop links. Here, there's no argument, the Meyle HD links are the best.

These (at £25.50 for the pair) are the cheapest I can find on eBay right now:

Last edited:
Thanks again Steve - sorted, via your links above - the seller with the Meyle arms responded quickly and said he had them!

Good shout on the drop links, just ordered a pair of those too - I'm not sure exactly what was done on the car before I got it, and for the sake of £25 I'd rather have them there for while they've got it in bits!!!

I'm normally more organised than this, (well, slightly), but you've saved me there!

Can confirm the ebay app brings back completely different results to my laptop too!!!

Thanks mate - all sorted now thanks to the links Steve put up.

I had the Meyle part numbers but only a couple came up on my searches for some reason and those I spoke to were basically drop shipping from Germany!

As Steve has mentioned. I bought some cast febi ones for my fsi from carparts in motion. Did rear springs and shocks along with a cambelt/pulleys/waterpump all from the same seller. Was a really good deal when eBay had a 20% off weekend. Think it all came in at £250 everything mentioned above.

Back