473.6 KB · Views: 74
Morning.
Where should I be buying coolant pipes and a diesel tandem pump from
Are there issues fitting a Bosch pump on a RHD A2
I need parts 11,12,15,16,17 from the attached diagram
Thanks
Neil
Is it a BHC or AMF-engined car?

Bosch pump will fit AMF-engined rhd car. However - on rhd BHC and ATL cars the Bosch pump fouls the EGR housing and needs an additional piece of pipework to be installed that acts as a spacer to prevent the unwanted interference. Custom pipework part supplied by @depronman .
Therefore if BHC or ATL you will need a LUK pump or equivalent unless the additional pipe is used.

Coolant pipes are increasingly hard to come by - maybe try asking @CreweAudi or the recyclers here (although obviously 20 year old pipework isn't ideal and may be the same as the originals.

Is it a BHC or AMF-engined car?

Bosch pump will fit AMF-engined rhd car. However - on rhd BHC and ATL cars the Bosch pump fouls the EGR housing and needs an additional piece of pipework to be installed that acts as a spacer to prevent the unwanted interference. Custom pipework part supplied by @depronman .
Therefore if BHC or ATL you will need a LUK pump or equivalent unless the additional pipe is used.

Coolant pipes are increasingly hard to come by - maybe try asking @CreweAudi or the recyclers here (although obviously 20 year old pipework isn't ideal and may be the same as the originals.
Thankyou very much

I think i've got the radiator top hose number 12. Pm me if you find you need to use used (which I think you will).

BHC late 2003 until then its an AMF. Markings on the block / gearbox housing, cam belt cover,options sticker and does it have an ASV are the easy ways to tell.

option code sticker (handbook / battery compartment) has the engine / gearbox and paint codes on them as well as the various standard and optional build parts.

I have attached BHC and AMF sticker images below to show where the codes for the engine are located. In the larger text, GPK is the gearbox, the other codes are the paintwork, interior trim etc.

All the other smaller three letter codes are translated at

http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

or similar sites.

Attachments

• 1660572026492.png
    1660572026492.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 71
  • AMFoptsticker.jpg
    AMFoptsticker.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 69
The hose that is damaged beyond repair is the one highlighted in yellow in the attached photo
Is this a difficult job,the engine end seems easy enough but the other end looks much harder to get on
Can I buy this new or is it a used part
Thanks
Neil

Attachments

• 488847BC-0FF5-4357-99FE-60B54B8D56E7.jpeg
    488847BC-0FF5-4357-99FE-60B54B8D56E7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
that's the one that often gets diesel leaked directly onto it when the fuel pump lets go - above the coolant temp sensor?

Pipe 15 on the first diagram, which corresponds to pipe 7 (rhd, no aux heat) / pipe 8 (rhd, with webasto) on the second diagram here.

I was lucky on my one - somehow that pipe didn't end up getting leaked on, but the one that did get a proper dose of diesel on it and was very degraded was the return pipe to the coolant expansion vessel (pipe 14 in the initial diagram) - I think it is visible in the above image going from the very centre of the image outwards to 4 o'clock.

In terms of ease of access, I would imagine that it takes a bit of dismantling around the back of the top of the engine - cabin air intake trumpet and then possibly EGR / ASV off to get access to the rearward connector? I was able to replace the expansion vessel return pipe myself using locking pliers, and that was definitely available from TPS 2 years ago - not so certain about the other pipes.

My fuel pump was leaking too so changed it for a bosch one a couple of months ago, bought it from autodoc, took a while to arrive but got there in the end. Hasn't leaked since and starts first turn of the key now, after standing a while it was starting lumpy before, bit of air in the system probably.

I checked my pipework and the one you need to replace was soft, softer than I would like but hasn't let go yet! Most of them in that area looked to been leaked on slightly but they are still ok for now You might be lucky if its just been a small leak? Might be best to replace in the long run, I intend to but its just finding them thats the hard bit!

that's the one that often gets diesel leaked directly onto it when the fuel pump lets go - above the coolant temp sensor?

Pipe 15 on the first diagram, which corresponds to pipe 7 (rhd, no aux heat) / pipe 8 (rhd, with webasto) on the second diagram here.

I was lucky on my one - somehow that pipe didn't end up getting leaked on, but the one that did get a proper dose of diesel on it and was very degraded was the return pipe to the coolant expansion vessel (pipe 14 in the initial diagram) - I think it is visible in the above image going from the very centre of the image outwards to 4 o'clock.

In terms of ease of access, I would imagine that it takes a bit of dismantling around the back of the top of the engine - cabin air intake trumpet and then possibly EGR / ASV off to get access to the rearward connector? I was able to replace the expansion vessel return pipe myself using locking pliers, and that was definitely available from TPS 2 years ago - not so certain about the other pipes.
Hi Robin,not sure I understand the bit about corresponding to pipe 7
It is an AMF RHD with no aux heat
I definitely need a new pipe

Back