Which Cam Belt Kit?

Kallus

Afternoon all.

Is their a 'best' or most recommended can belt kit to buy for the A2?

Seen a gates one, a bölk, and bilstein etc...

Which is the best, or are they as good as each other.

Thanks in advance

As long as it comes with a quality tensioner and rollers, and a good, brand name belt you'll be OK. I would trust Gates, SKF also make a nice set and OEM is always good. The OE Audi kits usually consist of a Dayco / Contitech belt and INA/FAG rollers and tensioner.

Thanks tdiaholic. I'm budgeting for about £250 supplied and fitted. That's should be about right I think?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget to have the water pump replaced at the same time. The small extra expense pays for itself many times over if it fails (the cambetlt etc. has to come off again to replace the water pump and they have been known to fail.

I would have thought that £250 is on the low side, for a full kit supplied and fitted, but it depends on the labour charge.

Steve B

Hi Steve, got an Audi tech to do it - belt, water pump and coolant for £250.

Seems like a good price and we'll worth getting done on any new purchase, even if it has a little tick in the service book.

I used genuine Audi parts and it came in at £350. Had I known at the time that the genuine kits use Dayco belts anyway I wouldn't have bothered.

That is a great deal. You won't get it much cheaper unless you fit it yourself !!! Well done.

Steve B

Yeah I was well happy with that. Local guy too - Dave Henderson. On Scottish Audi Clan on Facebook - ironically he is a friend of a friend too

Back