Windscreen gutter trim installation trick?

fbson

Has anyone got any tips on re installation of the exterior trim at the bottom of the windscreen please (the bit the washer jets fit onto) ? Just taken mine off whilst changing cambelt today and can't get it to clip back in. Might be as I'm tired from efforts, but it doesn't want to clip in the channel that it looks like it should.
Thanks!

There are a bit tricky to fit,the trick is to start pushing down into place from one end and work your way across,make sure all the dirt is cleaned out the chanel first

Thanks
Pete

Ah righto, ta. Was wondering about silicone spray too. Wasn't sure it wouldn't come out more easily too, but will give it a try as I couldn't get it in anyway! Think the cover might have been misshapen a little in the sun yesterday when it was off while I was doing the cambelt. Thanks again, I'll give it another go, if it stops raining!

Well it went in nice and positively in the end. Cleaned lots of dirt out, still wouldn't push in. Had to use rubber mallet and small bit of wood cautiously right next to screen, but it went! Thanks all.
More importantly, partly due to encouraging forum I've been watching for years, I've replaced my timing belt and water pump on the ATL. All seems to work too. Would have been nice if Vcds would report on timing for me, but doesn't for the engine type it seems.

Back