Wiper arms

depronman

A2OC Donor
I’ve been sent the wrong paint for wiper arms refurbs. They sent me gloss black as against satin black
I open it and applied to six wiper arms only noticing this morning when they where gloss black instead of satin black
I’ve checked the code and it looks like it was my fault as I’ve ordered the gloss code instead of the satin code
Does anyone mind the wiper arms coming out in gloss black instead of satin ?
I can obviously order the correct satin black but it’s £35 for the paint and I will have a litre and half of gloss that will never be used

Regards. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly I am not a paint expert and secondly Paul I know you like doing things the correct way. Could you paint with the gloss then when fully dry lightly sand along the length of the arm with Scotchbrite or similar to give a more matte finish and also a brushed effect. Or apply matte laquer over the top. More time and more cost but result may be nice alternative. Personally I think gloss black would not look out of place on a black or silver car.

If I was in the market for one of these Paul then as long as there were no issues with reflections (unlikely I think?) then I personally would not mind one way or the other, for what it’s worth.

For years wiper arms were chrome and they only went black because it was cheaper for the manufacturers, along with taking a lot of other chrome trim off. Not saying the A2 arm should be chrome, just black has become the norm. Although........

Thanks all
Yes I have consider Scotch bright to ‘Matt’ the finish and it can be done to good affect. The main problem is getting the Matt Finish even all over the arm plus it’s an extra process to do

I actually like the gloss black myself and with the position on the car no chance of reflections from the gloss
Just means I will need to also repaint some 3D printed covers for the aero wiper arm to gloss from matt. Or maybe I’ll just print another batch of covers and spray them gloss black

So gloss black will be offered or if satin is desired a light rub with scotch bright will get your satin black

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back