Wiper blade with hook fitting

longdog

I thought it would be easy to buy a wiper blade for my 2002-03 tdi75 but there is an awful lot of conflicting information on the dealer sites. In my case this may be partly because my car was built in a transition period (July 02) between model years. For instance some of the reviews for https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-3397...1_1?keywords=3397018960&qid=1579197263&sr=8-1 specifically say the blade will fit an A2, others that it won't. And most of the reviews are from the continent so are referring to LHD cars anyway. The arm on my car has a hook fitting and the rivets are a bit tired so good clearance is desirable. Very grateful for any recommendations.

Hi there,

I use wiper blades.co.uk - it gets my car wrong and says it’s a side pin type but it’s actually correct because I replaced the wiper arm with the later design.

The older style is the big hook. You can either get a normal wiper fitting or an Aero-twin style converter which fits over the hook and gives a flat blade. Clearance is less on that type I found though.

Just check when you are buying that the blade says ‘hook type 28inch’ rather than side pin.

I searched for a 1999-2001 mk1 wiper arm design A2 and it brought up the right thing.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have the original style arm with the large hook at the end, a Bosch N70 is the blade you need, with good clearance. However, you need to get those rivets fixed, otherwise any blade you buy will tend to judder.

Got it on ebay from seller 360 wheels - the description on the invoice reads
"NEW GENUINE LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO AUDI A2 WINDSCREEN WIPER BLADE 8Z2955425A (172699492816)".
Suspect that the first number is the Audi reference and the second the Lamborghini reference, and I reckon it's the same part even though Audi have it as an obsolete part. It's the blade with the aerofoil under it. The cost was £33 but that was 18 months ago, and it's still working fine.
Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your helpful replies. The reference 8Z2955425A brings up several ebay outlets, most out of stock but one showing aero blades at the improbable price of £6.21. For the mo I'm going for a Bosch N70, which is not aero so should give greater clearance. I note that Amazon says it's for HGVs!

And when the weather improves I shall ask Depronman to tighten my rivets.

Thanks again.

Thank you all for your helpful replies. The reference 8Z2955425A brings up several ebay outlets, most out of stock but one showing aero blades at the improbable price of £6.21. For the mo I'm going for a Bosch N70, which is not aero so should give greater clearance. I note that Amazon says it's for HGVs!

And when the weather improves I shall ask Depronman to tighten my rivets.

Thanks again.

Hi
I have both styles of wiper arm already refurbished and available now on an exchange basis
Drop me a PM if you would like one sending out
Hook style is £30 aero style is £40 but includes my 3D printed cover. Postage is £7
There is a £50 deposit which is returned when I get you old arm back
I can only offer hook for hook or aero for aero

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back